Top Canvas Tips
1. Do not use Internet Explorer or Edge
- Firefox, Chrome & Safari work best with Canvas
2. Change your password
3. Find your courses
4. Check out your "What-If" grade
- View "What-if" scores to see how your grades will be affected by an assignment. Go to your course, then to Grades, and click "Show What-If Score". Enter a hypothetical grade for any ungraded item.
5. Don't miss assignment feedback
6. Set your preferences
- Do you want to be notified by text message or email when your instructor grades your assignments or when a due date changes? Do you want to be notified ASAP or only once per day? To update your notification preferences, click on Account, then select Notifications.
8. Save a back-up file of your work
- Always save a copy of a typed submission in a Microsoft Word or Pages (or notepad) file outside of Canvas before clicking the submit button. Why do this? There's always a chance that you could lose what you've typed.
9. Get help with Canvas
- If you need help while using Canvas, call Canvas Support - someone will answer your call, 24/7!
- Additional support & resources are available through the Online Education Department:
- Visit: Online Education is located in the Valencia Campus Library, Room 247
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 661-362-3600
Back to: Online Education Home