Free / Low Cost Internet Services for Students - Spring 2020
As the college moves to remote learning, we understand there are some students who do not have access to internet services at home. We want to make sure students are aware of the few companies offering free or low-cost internet services for the next 60 days. There are restrictions, but please review the information provided below to find out if you qualify for one of the free or low-cost programs.
Individuals may qualify for the Comcast Internet Essentials program if:
- You are an active participant in programs such as: Head Start, National School Lunch Program, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, WIC, VA Pension, Public Housing, TANF, LIHEAP, Tribal Assistance
- You do not have outstanding debt to Comcast that is less than a year old. Families with outstanding debt more than one year old may still be eligible.
- You live in an area where Comcast Internet service is available.
- You are not an existing Xfinity Internet customer and have not subscribed to Xfinity Internet in the last 90 days.
If approved, you could have a home Internet connection in 5-7 business days. Click on the following link to apply https://www.internetessentials.com/Apply
Charter / Spectrum
Individuals may qualify for the Spectrum Internet Assist program if one or more members of your household is a recipient of one of the following assistance programs:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) of the NSLP
- Supplemental Security Income (for applicants age 65+ only)
Application is downloadable in English and Spanish at the following link https://www.spectrum.com/browse/content/spectrum-internet-assist
Charter is also offering households with K-12 students or college students free Spectrum Wi-Fi for 60 days. (It is important to note, customers who sign up for the free service will automatically be billed for using internet access after the first 60 days unless they call Spectrum to cancel the service.) There is no online or downloadable application. To enroll your household in the free Spectrum offer for students, call 1-844-488-8395.
This information is provided solely as a convenience and not as an endorsement by the Santa Clarita Community College District (“District”) of the free internet services that may be offered by internet service providers. The District is not responsible for the services being offered and does not make any representations regarding those services. If you decide to access free internet services, you do so at your own risk.