Measure E to Prepare Students for College and Careers
To continue providing a high-quality education that prepares students for four-year universities and future careers, the Santa Clarita Community College District Board of Trustees decided March 9 to place a local bond measure on the June 7 ballot. The bond measure, which will appear as Measure E on the ballot, would provide up to $230 million to expand and upgrade our college facilities and would cost $15 per $100,000 of assessed (not market) value per year.
- Update classrooms, labs, technology and equipment to prepare students for four-year universities and jobs
- Upgrade our student center to provide career and academic counseling to veterans
- Improve facilities for public safety programs
- Ensure classrooms and buildings meet current earthquake, health and safety standards
- Improve parking and accessibility
- Improve facilities, security and lighting systems to ensure student safety
- Build additional classrooms and facilities to accommodate growing student enrollment
- Add new and update existing science labs and classrooms
- Every penny raised by a local measure would be spent right here in the Santa Clarita Valley to improve our local college.
- The measure would qualify College of the Canyons for millions in state matching funds that, when available, would otherwise be lost to other communities.
- By law, no funds could be used for administrative employee salaries.
- Independent citizens oversight and annual audits would be required.
WE VALUE YOUR INPUT
If you have any questions or feedback, please call the Public Information Office at (661) 362-3414.