Emergency Purchases & Reimbursement
April 9, 2020
The following guidelines should be followed when making purchases that support the transition to distance education and remote operations during the COVID -19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Normal Purchasing Process: If you are able to use our normal purchasing process, please provide additional justification as to how it relates to COVID-19 in the requisition.
COVID-19 Emergency Purchase Criteria – Outside Normal Purchasing Process
- Item is critical to respond to COVID-19 issues, including working remotely, and
- Item is not available through the normal purchasing process, and/or;
- Item is needed sooner than can be obtained through normal process.
COVID-19 Emergency Supply or Equipment Purchase Process
1. Confirm the supply or equipment purchase meets the criteria above.
2. Send an email to receive approval:
- Supply: Supervisor/Dean
- Equipment: Jim Temple at email@example.com
3. Make the purchase using personal funds and keep all receipts and documentation.
4. Work with Supervisor/Dean who will complete/submit the Direct Pay Voucher Form.
- Include information regarding the purchase.
- Use Budget Code: 11-XXXXX-00-677210-XXXX.
- Include Direct Pay Voucher, approval email and receipts.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Fiscal Services.
5. The reimbursement check will be mailed to the employee’s home.
- The item generally has a useful life over 1 year that would be repaired vs. replaced.
- The item will need to be returned to campus to be asset tagged as district property.
Note: Gift card purchases are only allowable under certain circumstances.
Questions? Contact Jason Hinkle at (661) 362-3420 or email@example.com.