Nov. 29, 2020
We are providing you with an update in the wake of new Los Angeles County Department of Public Health restrictions aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19.
These announcements often spark questions about how the college will be impacted. In a nutshell, the new restrictions will have no effect on current college operations.
The directives are designed to keep residents at home as much as possible, limit capacity at sites where people from different households gather, and curtail some nonessential activities. The college is considered an essential operation, and since access to our campuses is already limited, our operations will continue as they have.
- The college’s Valencia and Canyon Country campuses will remain closed to students and visitors, as they have been since mid-March.
- Employees who have been working on campus as needed can continue to do so.
- The limited number of classes in essential infrastructure disciplines currently meeting on campus will continue to be held onsite as scheduled for the remainder of the semester.
- The Early Childhood Education Center at the Valencia campus will resume normal operations on Monday, Nov. 30, after closing for three weeks due to two confirmed employee cases of COVID-19.
- If you are working at either campus, or need to visit campus, please complete a Health Assessment beforehand, wear a mask, and maintain social distancing.
- DO NOT come to campus if you have any symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
If you have questions, visit www.canyons.edu/news for the latest information about the college’s response to COVID-19.
Thank you for continuing to follow health guidelines and protect the health of our colleagues and our students.
Incident Command Team