Confirmed Cases and Exposures
September 28, 2021
We are writing to provide notification about two unrelated cases of COVID-19 that the district learned of over the weekend. Both cases resulted in exposures.
Here is a summary of the two cases:
- A student who last attended class in Towsley Hall at the Valencia campus on Sept. 21 received positive test results for COVID-19 on Sept. 23 and 24. The district received notification on Sept. 25. The student believes it was contracted off campus. The student will continue to isolate for the required period. Contact tracing showed that one person was exposed.
- A student who last attended class in Aliso Hall at the Valencia campus on Sept. 22 received a positive test result for COVID-19 on Sept. 25. The district received notification on Sept. 26. The student believes it was contracted off campus. The student will continue to isolate for the required period. Contact tracing showed that four people were exposed.
As mentioned in earlier cases, we understand the desire to know more about these situations. However, we must balance the concern that we all have for our co-workers and students with privacy laws. With that in mind, we are not able to provide more detail that could identify these individuals.
As a reminder, please continue to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms each day before coming to campus. Do not enter campus if you are currently experiencing, or have in the past 14 days experienced:
- Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
- Congestion or runny nose
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Gastrointestinal problems such as nausea, diarrhea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please contact our COVID-19 Compliance Team at email@example.com or (661) 993-7670.
Free COVID-19 testing is available at two locations on the Valencia campus:
- Parking Lot 7: The drive-through testing site is in the parking structure is open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Appointments are required. Information
- Student Center: Hours are 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday through Thursday. Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are recommended. Make Appointment
- To book an appointment to be vaccinated, please visit myturn.ca.gov.
For more information about COVD-19, we encourage you to review the CDC's Frequently Asked Questions
For details on resources available to college employees, please contact our Employee COVID-19 Officer, Maria Calderon, at (661) 362-5563. She will help you with information about benefits available under federal, state, and local laws, such as workers’ compensation, as well as options for COVID-19-related leave, including district-offered sick leave, leave under collective bargaining provisions, and protections against retaliation and discrimination.
We appreciate everyone’s continued efforts to heed health and safety guidelines and do their part to protect the health of our college community.
– College of the Canyons Incident Command Team