Make an online appointment to explore your career path or create an educational plan!
Students currently enrolled at COC may schedule a Counseling appointment up to 10 days in advance. Note that you must have a COC student ID number to schedule a Counseling appointment. At this time, the Counseling Department is not providing in-person appointments.
Due to high volume, appointment availability is reduced during registration periods. If you are unable to schedule an appointment, please visit us in express drop-in counseling. We have counselors available in real-time each day to answer your registration questions. Click here to be connected to our drop-in page.
Book an appointment using our online scheduling system (located on the right side of this page)
- You can book an online appointment conducted via ConferZoom video conference.
- Appointments are ONLINE ONLY. Your Counselor will contact you via MyCanyons with instructions on how to access the online appointment.
Please click one of the location buttons to see available appointments for the next 10 days.
ConferZoom Appointment Instructions
Step-by-step instructions on how to attend a ConferZoom online counseling appointment
STEP 1: SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- Schedule an appointment by selection the "Online Counseling" button to the right.
- If you are interested in career assessment and exploration, select the "Career Online Counseling" button
- If you are a Nursing or MLT student - please select the "Nursing/MLT Onlie Counseling" button.
- If you are a Veteran, please select the "Veteran Online Counseling" button.
STEP 2: CHECK YOUR EMAIL
- Prior to your appointment, you will be sent a link via your MyCanyons email. This is how you will access the online meeting.
- If you are unable to access your MyCanyons email, please follow the guide "How do I resent my student email password?" or "How do I setup my student email account?" located here: https://www.canyons.edu/studentservices/admissions/students/email.php
STEP 3: JOIN THE MEETING
- Click on the Zoom meeting link in your MyCanyons email.
- A screen should prompt you to download the Zoom application or "start from your browser."
- After selecting either option, you will be asked to insert the meeting passworkd (your ID number) and a username of your choice (please use your preferred name).
- You will then be placed in a waiting room and asked to confirm permissions for your browser, or the zoom application, to use your microphone and video camera.
- Note: you can access Zoom using a mobile device, but may be required to download the application through your device's application store.
STEP 4: MEETING
- Please find a quite and safe place to discuss your academic information.
- Remember - do not use Zoom while operating a motor vehicle!
- If you experience any technical difficulties during the meeting, your Counselor will contact you again via email or phone.