AA-T and AS-T Degrees
What are the benefits of earning an Associates Degree for Transfer?
- Guarantees admission with junior standing to the CSU system.
- Defines this degree as having sixty transferrable units that include the IGETC or CSU GE Breadth pattern and 18 units in a major or area of emphasis.
- Provides students with priority admission to their local CSU campus and to a program or major that is similar to their major or area of emphasis at the community college. It does not provide aguarantee to a specific campus or major, so students should work hard to be academically competitive when applying to popular CSU campuses outside their local area and to popular majors.
- Prohibits the CSU from requiring students to repeat courses that are similar to courses completed as part of the associate degree for transfer at the community college.
- Prohibits the CSU from requiring students to take more than 60 units to complete a 120-unit baccalaureate degree.
For more information, please visit the Degree With a Guarantee website: http://adegreewithaguarantee.com/
What are the AA-T and AS-T degrees currently available at College of the Canyons?
- Administration of Justice AS-T
- Communication Studies AA-T
- Computer Science AS-T
- Early Childhood Education AS-T
- Elementary Teacher Education AA-T
- English AA-T
- Geography AA-T
- Geology AS-T
- History AA-T
- Journalism AA-T
- Kinesiology AA-T
- Mathematics AS-T
- Music AA-T
- Philosophy AA-T
- Physics AS-T
- Political Science AA-T
- Psychology AA-T
- Sociology AA-T
- Spanish AA-T
- Studio Arts AA-T
- Theater Arts AA-T