Classified Representative Organizations
What does The Senate do?
- Assures classified voices and ideas are reasonably considered (e.g. practices, culture, policy, planning, professional involvement, accreditation, committees, statements, reports, socials, research, events, etc.)
- Disseminates information back to members
- Acts on the classified staff's behalf in matters of participatory governance.
What does The Union Do?
- The Union serves as a voice for its members on all things related to your working conditions, (e.g. salary, benefits, reclasses, discipline, terminations, staffing, vacations, grievances, job duties.)
- Involves and represents members on Collective Bargaining and Negotiations
Still not sure who to go to and want a simple trick?
- Ask does the issue impact the COLLEGE or does it relate to my CONTRACT?
- When its about your job duties/contract, it's probably Union.
- When its about something that impacts the college as a whole (broader focus), its probably the Senate.
Other representative groups:
- California Community College Classified Senate (4CS)
- College of the Canyons Faculty Association (COCFA)
- Part-time Faculty United American Federation of Teachers (AFT)