THANKSGIVING FOOD GRAB-N-GO - NOV 19 - MUST REGISTER: Bit.ly/35bNia7 - Val Verde Park (661) 257-4014
LA CARES- Child Care for Low Income and Essential Workers
CARES Act funds available for child care services (vouchers) until Dec 30, 2020
or call (888) 922-4453
NOTE: The BaNC is currently closed to in-person services on both the Valencia and Canyon Country campuses. To contact us directly at this time, please email us at: Brenda.Clarke@canyons.edu
BaNC Zoom Room Office Hours
Please use the buttons below to access community resource information.
NOTE: The BaNC is currently closed to in-person services on both the Valencia and Canyon Country campuses.
The Basic Needs Center (BaNC) provides the following services...
- Food – grab-and-go snack items, single serve items, and canned good groceries
- Clothing – including seasonal clothing & business attire for interviews
- Personal Hygiene Products
- CalFresh and Medi-Cal sign-up Assistance
- Shower Kits for On-Campus Shower Facilities (Valencia campus only)
- Housing Referral Assistance
Stay updated on events and resources offered!
You can apply for Medi-Cal in three ways: apply online, call a certified enroller, or have a certified enroller call you. Apply Today!
Individuals ages 19-25 are eligibile for full-scope Medi-Cal regardless of immigration status
Recieve free legal help from Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
- Legal Services Application
- General Help Line: 1 (800) 433-6251
- Health Help Line: 1 (800) 896-3202
You may be eligible for discounted rates regarding WI-FI, electronics, and household utilities!
Search internet related services based on your physical address
- internet resource for students
-free County WiFi spots
-Internet provider contact info
- Mobile internal providers
AT&T offers affordable WI-FI and hot-spots to SNAP, Head Start and/or National School Lunch participants, or have family members who receive SSI
SCV Water customers can recieve a water efficiency kit and can participate in a Watersmart Workshop with a $20 incentive.
SoCal Edison offers a variety of assistance programs for its' customers
Boost Mobile is giving a $15 discount towards pre-paid cell phone plans for CARE participants
211 LA is resource guide for housing, food, and health assistance
- DIal 2-1-1 if in LA County
- (800) 339-6993
- Discounted rates for METRO based on income eligibity
- Check the flyer for pass rates and income eligibility guide
Laptop & Hotspot Loans as well as a printing service (10 pages free daily)
Check to see if there is a LA county library near you that offers these services!
Aunt Bertha is a resource guide based on your zip code
Community Resources, consists of all resources listed on one page
Monetary Donation Instructions
- Complete online form
- In the Donation Designation section of the online form, select "Other" in the drop-down box on the "Direct My Donations To" line
- Type "BaNC" in the box on the "Other Donation" line
- Complete all other fields that apply
COC Employee Payroll Deduction Instructions
College of the Canyons employees can make monthly or one-time donation to the BaNC. Request a payroll deduction form via email Brenda.Clarke@canyons.edu
Food Donation Suggestions...
- Nuts/Seeds/Trail Mix (individual packs)
- Unsweetened applesauce, pudding (individual cups)
- Whole grain granola bars (Individual bars)
- Individually wrapped beef jerky sticks
- Instant oatmeal (individual cups)
- Crackers (Individual packets)
- Pull top canned fruit in water or juice (not syrup)
- Preserved fruit (individual cups)
- Individual boxes of cereals (under 7 grams of sugar at least 3 grams of fiber)
- Individual bags of chips/Chex-Mix/ Pretzels, etc.
- Single serve, microwavable meals
- Pull top canned tuna, chicken, etc.
- Instant low-sodium soups (pull tops)
- Mac N' Cheese
- Ravioli/Lasagna/Beef Ravioli/Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Canned vegetables, soups, chili, etc. (pull tops preferred)
Shared rental homes available in Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Culver City area
Are able to provide rent 10-30% below market
23752 Newhall Ave.
Santa Clarita, CA 91321
Office (661) 254-4663
The BaNC partners with The Village (a Non-Profit Organization) to offer the Campus Peer Navigator Program
- Connecting students to community resources
- Improving linkages and referrals between college student and homeless services providers across Los Angeles County
Students who need help accessing housing services and community resources in the Santa Clarita and San Fernando valleys can email Bridgette Zarazua, Campus Peer Navigator, at email@example.com
You can find possible housing resources near you!
- Housing expense assistance
- Landlord/tenant assistance
- Homeless support services
- Emergency housing and shelter