Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
WHAT IS BIT?
The Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) is a multi-disciplinary group whose purpose is to meet regularly to support students and the campus community via an established protocol. The team tracks red flags and collects data from a variety of sources at a single site so a pattern of behavior becomes apparent.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF BIT?
- Provide a structured, positive method to address student behaviors, which negatively impact either the student or the college community
- Manage each case individually, while addressing mental and physical health, academic concerns, and/or safety concerns
- Initiate appropriate intervention without necessarily resorting to punitive measures
- Eliminate fragmented interventions
WHAT DOES BIT ENGAGE IN?
- Behavioral Intervention Crisis Intervention
- Threat Assessment Training for Campus Constituents
- Partnerships with Community Providers
- Michael.Joslin@canyons.edu - (661) 362-3260
- Mary.Manuel@canyons.edu - (661) 362-3184
- Robert.Sadeh@canyons.edu - (661) 362-3516
- Larry.Schallert@canyons.edu - (661) 362-3386