Day of Commencement Information
- The Grad Walk will be held at the Honor Grove located at 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91355.
- Graduates should arrive dressed in their cap & gown.
- Once you arrive to campus, both graduates and their guests must check in with a Health Safety Ambassador who will be located on the walkway between Canyons Hall and the Student Center.
- Graduates and their guests must arrive together on time and no sooner than 15 minutes prior to their designated timeslot.
- Graduates and guests may only participate in the Grad Walk during their reserved timeslot.
- Please make sure to bring a copy of your Grad Walk reservation with you or be prepared to show your reservation on your phone or tablet.
- Both graduates and guests must fill out the appropriate health assessment prior to coming to campus:
- Student Health Assessment: https://www.canyons.edu/administration/pio/notices/student-health-form.php
- Guest/Visit Health Assessment: https://www.canyons.edu/administration/pio/notices/visitor-health-log.php
Health Safety Protocols:
Due to the regulations outlined by the State of California and the Los Angeles County Public Health Department, the following is required to ensure your safety at College of the Canyons:
- Graduates and/or guests who are sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- A mask must be worn at all times while on campus. This includes parking lots, all public spaces, offices, and classrooms.
- While on campus, students, guests, staff, and faculty are prohibited from congregating, including parking lots before, during and after the event.
- All graduates and guests will be required to practice physical distancing and remain at least 6 feet apart from others both indoors and outdoors.
While there will be additional opportunities for graduates to take pictures along the Grad Walk, graduates and guests are not permitted to linger at the Grad Walk. Sufficient time is needed to both sanitize the area before the next group of graduates arrive to participate in the Grad Walk.
Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the Grad Walk.
Graduation is a dignified occasion. Participants are expected to conduct themselves accordingly. The behavior of each graduate helps to set the tone for this important event.
Each graduate may invite a maximum of 2 household guests. Guests will be permitted to accompany the graduate along the Grad Walk. Guests will be provided with directional instructions from campus staff. While guests may watch their graduate cross the stage, they will be asked to stand in a designated spot until the graduate exits the stage. Guests will not be permitted to stand on the stage at any time.
Photographers from GradImages will be present to take pictures of the graduates as they accept their diplomas on stage. Photo proofs will be emailed directly to each graduate. Additional photo opportunities will be available throughout the Grad Walk for guests and grads to take pictures.
Free parking will be available during Grad Walk in student parking spaces only. Graduates & guests are encouraged to park in lots 2 & 3. Please be sure to park in every other parking spot, leaving at least one parking space between you and the next car.
A campus map is available online: https://www.canyons.edu/about/campusmaps.php
Printed programs will be available for graduates and guests at the Grad Walk. The program will also be available online: https://www.canyons.edu/studentservices/campuslife/events/commencement/index.php
Congratulations! The entire college community is very proud of you and your academic success.
We look forward to seeing you and each of your fellow graduates at this year’s Commencement ceremony.