Rideshare Incentive Program
Rideshare and Earn Rewards! College of the Canyons Rideshare Incentive Program was developed in cooperation with the mandates of the Federal Clean Air Act and is under the oversight of the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD). Our goal is to encourage COC employees to reduce or eliminate their solo commute trips by carpooling, taking public transportation, cycling, or walking to work.
- All COC employees, including college assistants
- Must be employed by COC throughout the current semester
- Must commute to work during standard work week: Monday Friday
- Must carpool, walk, bike, or take public transportation a minimum of 8 days per month
- Carpools must consist of 2 or more riders that travel at least 70% of the commute together
- Must provide proof of purchase for bus and train tickets/passes
Complete the application located under the FORMS tab, and turn the original form in to Campus Safety (X-8).
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Closed Daily 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Receive excellent incentives
- Quarterly luncheons
- Gift card prizes awarded quarterly
- Free oil change awarded annually
- $50 Welcome gift card
- Quarterly drawings
- Dedicated carpool parking stalls
- Guaranteed ride home
- Additional gifts through LA Metro during Rideshare Week
- It's Good for the Environment!
Gift card incentives and raffle prizes are awarded quarterly. Points submitted on the monthly claim form are tallied at the end of each quarter. Gift cards are awarded according to points earned during the quarter. Participants earn 1 point per day for carpooling, and 3 points per day for cycling, walking, and taking public transportation bus or train. At this time Uber / Lyft does not count.
- 06 points = $5 Gift Card
- 12 points = $10 Gift Card
- 18 points = $15 Gift Card
- 24 points = $20 Gift Card
- 30 points = $25 Gift Card
- 55 points = $40 Gift Card
- 75 points = $50 Gift Card
- 100 points = $65 Gift Card
Gift cards that are awarded may be: Amazon, Bass Pro Shops, Chevron, Kroger, Shell Gasoline, Starbucks, Walmart, but are subject to change without notice.
A $50 Welcome Gift Card is a one-time incentive that is awarded to new participants after the first month of participation.
A $50 Chevron Gift Card (Oil Change Gift Card) is awarded annually to all active participants. The gift card can be used for any service or gas offered at Chevron stations.
Monthly Claim Form
Complete the monthly claim form located in the Campus Safety Office, and turn the original in to Campus Safety (X-8) by the 10th of the following month.
Example: Claim form for October is due by November 10th
Quarterly Luncheons (currently not available due to COVID-19). There are four luncheons per year, held during the month following the close of the quarter: April (January 1 - March 31) July (April 1 June 30) October (July 1 September 30) January (October 1 - December 31)