Are you interested in recruiting College of the Canyons students and alumni for your open positions and internships? The Career Center would love to assist you in getting connected!
ONLINE JOB AND INTERNSHIP LISTINGS
Career Connect by Jobspeaker is our new online database for employers to post employment
and internship opportunities for COC students and alumni. Setting up an employer account
allows you to connect to community college students and alumni throughout San Luis
Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura and northern L.A. counties. Once you are registered,
you will be automatically added to our employer invitation list to participate in
upcoming job fairs and events.
VIRTUAL JOB FAIRS & ONLINE RECRUITMENTS
The Career Center Team hosts various virtual job fairs throughout the year and is available to host customized employer recruitments online upon request. Our Fall 2020 Virtual Job Fair will be held on October 27, 28 and 29, 2020.
If you would like for us to host a dedicated recruitment event for your company or organization, please complete the Recruitment Request Form and one of our team members will reach out to you to discuss the details. Recruitments need to be scheduled 2 weeks in advance to allow for proper marketing of the event to our students.
Online recruitments are:
- Customized to meet your employment needs
- Available in a variety of formats including employer meet ups, presentations with Q&A, 1:1 prescheduled interviews, and live/recorded Career Conversations showcasing your company
- Marketed through Jobspeaker to our students and alumni, as well as through targeted sourcing and outreach throughout the community college system in our region
HOW WE MARKET YOUR OPPORTUNITIES TO OUR STUDENTS
- Students and alumni throughout our region are actively using Jobspeaker to look for jobs and/or internships
- A link to all new jobs is posted on our Career Center Facebook and Twitter pages weekly
- When you post or renew an opportunity on Career Connect by Jobspeaker related to a
specific field of study offered at COC, we notify our current students and recent
alumni from those programs about the opportunity
INTERNSHIPS - Benefits of Hosting an Intern
College of the Canyons has a strong commitment to Work Based Learning through internship experiences which integrate classroom learning with hands-on professional experiences in the world of work. Connect with our internship coordinator to coordinate internship opportunities for our students at your company. For more information, please visit Internships or call the Internship Program Office at 661-362-3309.