Welcome to The Learning Center (TLC)
On your first visit to TLC, our staff will enroll you in the FREE non-credit course NC.TUTR-94
We provide free tutoring, workshops, guided learning activities (GLAs), and testing services for all students in a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere both in-person and online.
All TLC services require your COC ID Number.
Fall 2023 (August 21st to December 9th) - Valencia
Days Times Mon & Thur 8 AM - 5 PM Tue & Wed 8 AM - 7 PM Fri 10 AM - 3 PM
Fall 2023 (August 21st to December 9th) - CCC
Days Times Mon - Thur 10 AM - 4 PM
Fall 2023 (August 21st to December 9th) - Online
Days Times Mon & Thur 10 AM - 5 PM Tue & Wed 10 AM - 7 PM Fri 10 AM - 3 PM
Fall 2023 (August 21st to December 9th) - GLAs
Days Times Mon & Thur 9 AM - 5 PM Tue & Wed 9 AM - 7 PM Fri 10 AM - 3 PM
Days Times Mon & Thur 10 AM - 5 PM Tue & Wed 10 AM - 7 PM Fri 10 AM - 3 PM
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91355 (Directions)
We're located next to the Library in TLC-126
Students and Visitors
Students and visitors can purchase daily or full semester parking permits through My Canyons. The cost for a daily parking permit is $3.00 and for a semester permit is $50.00. We do have discounted permits for qualified students. All information regarding parking permits can be found on this website: https://www.canyons.edu/studentservices/sbo/parkingpass/.
We will no longer have hanging or sticker parking permits for students or visitors. The permits are now virtual, making the vehicle license plate the permit.
- Students should log into My Canyons and click on the Parking or My Billing tile.
- They will then log into the park permit system with their CanyonsID Credentials.
- The students can select the days they want to park on campus or purchase a semester-long permit.
- Students eligible for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) award or any other program that offers parking at a discounted rate will have a discounted permit as an option to purchase.
- Payments are made online with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card.
- Students who wish to purchase their parking permit with cash can come to the Student
Business Office on the Valencia Campus for purchase.
Visitors can now purchase their daily permits online at https://www.canyons.edu/studentservices/sbo/parkingpass/. We also have a QR code (below) that takes them to the site. Visitors will no longer use the permit machines in the parking lots. They can order the permit right from their phone, and it automatically registers the car as having a valid permit for the college. The current parking machines have this message posted to make it easier for visitors to get a permit.
- Visitors will create a username and password, then select what permit they want to purchase (daily or semester-long).
- They will then add vehicle information and check out to purchase the permit(s).
They can select multiple dates all at once when purchasing daily permits.
Valencia Parking Instructions:
The Learning Center (TLC), LTLC -126, is located next to the Library on the south end of the campus. You will want to park in parking lot 15, the closest parking to the building (from Rockwell Cyn. Rd. turn onto University Center Drive and make a quick right into the first parking lot 15).
Canyon Country Parking Instructions:
Parking lots are located on either side of the campus entrance. The Learning Center (TLC), CCSS-315, is located in the middle of the campus. You can park at either parking lot 3 or parking lot 6 and walk toward the Student Services and Learning Resources building.
Name - Title Mojdeh Mahn - Director, TLC and Associate Dean, Learning Resources 661-362-3346 Mojdeh.Mahn@Canyons.edu October Ryan - Assistant Director, TLC 661-362-3172 October.Ryan@Canyons.edu Sharon Johnston - TLC Instructional Support Coordinator 661-362-3443 Sharon.Johnston@Canyons.edu Nolan Johnston - Coordinator: Math, Science, and Engineering 661-362-3345 Nolan.Johnston@Canyons.edu Alex Halcyon - Coordinator: Computer Science, Multimedia, CAWT, and Networking 661-362-3479 Alexander.Halcyon@Canyons.edu Frederick Bobola- Coordinator: Humanities, Social Sciences, Languages 661-362-3349 Frederick.Bobola@Canyons.edu Rebecca Rassool - TLC Data Management Technician 661-362-3478 Rebecca.Rassool@Canyons.edu Erin Delaney - Faculty: TLC/English 661-362-3349 Kimberly Streeter - TLC Athletic Mentor 661-362-3465 Jimmie Diaz - TLC Testing Specialist 661-362-3194 Jimmie.Diaz@Canyons.edu Kristen Larson- TLC Testing Specialist 661-362-3194 Kristen.Larson@Canyons.edu Rachel Randall - TLC Testing Technician (Certification) 661-362-3368 Rachel.Randall@Canyons.edu Jamie Sharman - TLC Testing Specialist 661-362-3859 Jamie.Sharman@Canyons.edu
The mission of The Learning Center is to develop student skills, prepare students to be independent learners, create a community of learning, and develop a passion for teaching among student tutors.
- Student ID Card: College of the Canyons student ID numbers are required to use TLC services (with the exception of the Testing Center). ID cards/numbers can be obtained through the Campus Life & Student Engagement (Valencia Campus Student Center, Room 102 - (661) 362-3238; Canyon Country Campus, Room 204 - (661) 362-3840.
- Registration: As required by Title 5 of California Code of Regulations, in order to utilize TLC services, each semester, students must be registered in the FREE, non-credit course, NC.TUTR-94. The Learning Center staff will register each student on their first visit.
- Textbooks: TLC has over 600 textbooks available for student use within the center. If TLC doesn't have a copy of your book, let us know and we will do our best to get it.
- Private Study Rooms: Groups of two to six students can use a private study room in TLC for two hours at a time. Study rooms are equipped with flat screen TV/computer monitor, PC, lecture recording capabilities and white boards. Check in at TLC's front registration desk to reserve a study room.
- Computer Use: TLC computer use is restricted for work related to COC classes. Students must periodically save work, and TLC is not responsible for any lost work due to technical difficulties.
- Food/Drink: Drinks must be in a sealable, spill-proof container with a lid/cap that screws tight. Food is not permitted in TLC.
- Children: Children are not allowed inside TLC. In addition, TLC will not permit unattended children to be left anywhere on the premises. TLC assumes no responsibility or liability for children. Students may be refused TLC services if accompanied by a child who will be unattended during the time the student is receiving services.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where can I obtain a new student ID card?
Student ID Card: College of the Canyons student ID numbers are required to use TLC services (with the exception of the Testing Center). ID cards/numbers can be obtained through the Campus Life & Student Engagement (Valencia Campus Student Center, Room 102 - (661) 362-3238; Canyon Country Campus, Room 204 - (661) 362-3840.
Does TLC have textbooks I can borrow?
TLC has over 600 textbooks available for student use within the center. If TLC doesn't have a copy of your book, let us know and we will do our best to get it!
Does TLC have places where a group can study?
Groups of two to six students can reserve a private study room in TLC for two hours at a time. Study rooms are equipped with flat screen TV/computer monitor, PC, lecture recording capabilities and white boards.
Do I have to register for TLC to take advantage of all of its resources?
As required by Title 5 of California Code of Regulations, in order to utilize TLC services, each semester, students must be registered in the FREE, non-credit course, NC.TUTR-94. The Learning Center staff will register each student on their first visit.
Where can I park to have better access to the TLC?
There are multiple lots on the COC campus; however, Lot 15 at the South entrance off Rockwell is closest to TLC and library. When coming to TLC for an exam or for tutoring, keep in mind that parking is impacted, so arrive in plenty of time. Please review the campus map as well as further parking information for day passes and other regulations. The Learning Center is located adjacent to the Library in LTLC-126 on the Valencia campus, and on the 3rd floor in the new Student Services Building #318 on the Canyon Country campus.
How do I get help when I am having trouble with Canvas?
Call Canvas Support at 877-889-9052 for 24/7 support, e-mail Canvas support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Canvas Zoom support at Remote Canvas Support.
What can the Canvas Support staff help me with?
Canvas Support staff can guide you through simple navigation of Canvas and answer basic questions. If you are having difficulty finding grades or assignments, issue with quizzes or exams, please email your instructor.
I signed up for an online class that starts next week, but I can't find it on Canvas. What should I do?
After you register and pay for your class, it can take up to 4 hours for your Canvas account to be created and or enrolled into your Canvas class. Your course will not show up in Canvas until the first scheduled class meeting. If it is not setup within that time frame please contact your instructor or the Online Education department at email@example.com, (661) 362-3600.
- Forward video to 1:25 for Canyon Country Campus TLC Tour
- Forward video to 6:06 for Valencia TLC Tour