Counseling Department mission:
- Provide educational, career, and personal counseling and program advisement.
- Empower students by providing COC program information.
- Counseling students to establish goals, evaluate options, develop an educational plan, and learn to study effectively so they may reach their educational and career goals.
- Meet with students in appointments to provide educational counseling, career counseling, and personal counseling as it relates to academic performance.
- Counselors help students develop comprehensive educational plans, they facilitate group counseling workshops, and teach Counseling courses.
Counseling Graduate Assistants (CGA's):
- Serve as the Counseling Department front desk support staff and provide information to students on COC policies, procedures, academic programs, and campus resources.
COC ensures the privacy of all student records in accordance with statutes set forth in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. By law, college personnel, including Counseling faculty and staff, are not permitted to give access to or to release student records/information to anyone other than a student. This statute applies regardless of the age of the student.