Student Support Team (SST)
What is the SST?
The Student Support Team (SST) is a multi-disciplinary group whose purpose is to meet regularly to support students and the campus community via an established protocol. The team tracks referrals and collects data from a variety of sources at a single site so a pattern of distress exhibited by a student, or a student’s behavior, becomes apparent.
What are the goals of SST?
- Provide a structured, positive method to address a student’s distress which may be limiting their success in the classroom or engagement with campus departments or programs
- Provide a structured, positive method to address a student’s behavior (if applicable), which may negatively impact either the student or the college community
- Manage each case individually, while addressing mental and physical health, academic concerns, and/or safety concerns
- Initiate appropriate and supportive intervention measures
- Eliminate fragmented interventions
What activities does SST engage in?
- Supporting student in distress
- Crisis intervention
- Behavioral intervention
- Training for campus constituents
- Partnerships with, and linkage to, community providers