Skip to main contentSkip to footer

BS Degree / BAS Degree

Once you complete your COC coursework, you may be interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree or a Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Land Surveying. Although California currently does not require a Bachelor Degree for licensure, other states do have a degree requirement. Both New Mexico State University and Great Basin College offer Online programs.

BS – Bachelor of Science Degree


The New Mexico State University program.
New Mexico State University offers an online BS Degree in Geomatics. If you are interested in transferring, NMSU will accept our AS Degree, along with several additional courses. Please review the COC course map, if this is your preferred path, as it includes the additional courses required for transfer. 

Questions about the NMSU program? Contact:
Dr. Ahmed Elaksher
New Mexico State University
Box 30001 – MSC 3566
Las Cruxes, NM 88003
(575) 646-3504

BAS–Bachelor of Applied Science Degree


The Great Basin College program.
Great Basin College offers an online BAS Degree program. If you are interested in transferring, Great Basin will accept the courses you have completed in the AS Degree program.

Questions about the Great Basin Program?  Contact:
Byron Calkins
Program Advisor
(775) 327-2206
Land Surveying/Geomatics Program
Great Basin College
1500 College Parkway, HTC 130
Elko, Nevada 89801