What is Land Surveying?
Land Surveyors measure and analyze distances, angles, and positions to develop surveys or maps. Licensed Land Surveyors may prepare legal descriptions forsubdividing property, perform boundary surveys and determine boundary discrepancies, set...
Land Surveying Program
The Land Surveying Program offers both an Associate of Science Degree and a Certificate of Achievement. The only difference between the Degree and the Certificate is the completion of the colleges general education requirements.
Land Surveying Career Tree
- Take on different challenges each day and work outside or inside to collect, analyze, and map geospatial data from field to finish.
- Be of service to your community by combining modern surveying technology and history to...
Will I be able to get a job? Does the program provide job placement services?
The program does not provide formal job placement services however the Career Services office on campus can assist students (free of charge) with finding employment including resume writing/review, job searches, workshops, interview practice, etc.
Additionally we work closely with local industry to develop and offer internships. When we receive job announcements from industry, this information is passed along directly to all the students in the program.
Land Surveyors are in demand.
• State of California Labor Market Supply and Demand Data - Select ‘LA County’ as the area then ‘Surveying’
• US Bureau of Labor Statistics
• Salary Surfer – Surveying is part of the ‘Engineering and Industrial Technology’ program of study
Scholarships are available for students interested in pursuing
Land Surveying as a career. Find out more.
Join the Land Surveying LinkedIn Group!
This is a great way to stay connected with others in the industry,
hear about jobs, and network.