Welcome to TLC Guided Learning Activities (GLAs)
In-Person and Online
GLAs are self-paced computer tutorials that are a great way to reinforce learning and make sure that you are retaining the material you are studying. Tutors are available during the GLA to help you with any questions or challenges you have during the process, and they'll review your work when you are done.
All TLC services require your COC ID Number.
Decimals: Addition and Subtraction
Decimals: Multiplication and Division
Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Fractions: Addition and Subtraction
Fractions: Multiplication and Division
Linear Equations: Addition and Multiplication Properties of Equality
Linear Functions - Lines
Linear Functions - Slopes
Linear Functions: Forms
Linear Functions: Graphing
Linear Systems – Addition/Elimination
Linear Systems – Substitution
Linear Systems: 3 Equations × 3 Variables
Linear Systems: Graphing
Mixed Numbers: Addition and Subtraction
Mixed Numbers: Multiplication and Division
Monomials: Multiplying and Simplifying
Operations with Integers
Order of Operations
Quadratic Equations: Completing the Square
Quadratic Equations: Factoring
Quadratic Equations: Formula
Quadratic Functions (graphing)
Rational Expressions: Addition and Subtraction
Rational Expressions: Multiplication and Division
Root Functions (graphing)
Word Problems: Mixture
Word Problems: Percent and Interest
Word Problems: Algebraic
Word Problems: Motion
For more information, contact Nolan Johnston at Nolan.Johnston@canyons.edu
Analyzing Literary Quotes
Test Taking Strategies
For more information, contact Erin Delaney at Erin.Delaney@canyons.edu
- Please visit our homepage for current GLA Hours
- Please have your Student ID Number ready.
- Check-in at TLC's front registration desk and let the receptionist know you are here for a GLA
- Tutors are available to assist students at any point during the GLA. Upon completion of the activity, tutors will review the students work with them and answer any questions they may have.
- Have your Student ID number, class title, and professor's name ready.
- Let the Moderator know that you are here to take a GLA
- Tutors are available to assist students at any point during the GLA. Upon completion of the activity, tutors will review the students work with them, and answer any questions they may have.
- If you find yourself in a waiting room, it means that the TLC host is currently assisting another student. They will let you in to our lobby as soon as they can. Thank you for your patience!
Please feel free to contact Alex Halcyon with any questions you may have. He can be reached at (661) 362-3479 or Alexander.Halcyon@canyons.edu.