About CASL (Committee for Assessing Student Learning)
The CASL's mission is to ensure that the college goes through an ongoing, systematic process that clarifies and improves SLOs at every level from institutional, program, and course through certificates and degrees with specific emphasis on student success. The Committee works with faculty to ensue the methods of assessment of course SLOs and program SLOs are aligned and consistent across the college.
Scope and Duties
The CASL Committee reports to the Academic Senate and jointly works with the Administrative Unit Outcome Committee through the Outcomes and Assessments Steering Committee.
- Guide and facilitate faculty and staff in implementing outcome and assessment processes.
- Support faculty and staff about institutional, program, degree/certificate, course level SLOs, and the processes and timing for establishing and assessing the slos.
- Provide colleagues with guidance, training, tools, rubrics, models and other resources that will assist them in SLO alignment, development and assessment.
- Assist faculty and staff in analyzing the results of assessment to improve learning and services.
- Maintain open and frequent communications about SLO development and assessment with various college groups, including but not limited to the Department chairs, Academic Division Deans, Curriculum Committee, Academic Senate, Office of Instruction, and College Planning Team.