Canyons Promise is dedicated to expanding student resources by removing financial obstacles and barriers to student services that often inhibit student access to higher education. The program provides incoming first-time college students for the fall semester the opportunity to attend College of the Canyons tuition free for their first two years (fall and spring semesters only). Exclusively for first-time college students who enroll full-time, Canyons Promise provides the financial support, high-touch academic/counseling contact, and peer collaboration proven to increase student success.
The Canyons Promise Sign Up period for the 2020-2021 cohort of students is now CLOSED. Interested in Canyons Promise 2021-2022? Plan ahead!
- Enrollment and student fees paid for fall and spring semesters for two years
- Great access to program-specific counselors for counseling appointments
- Priority registration for courses on their education plan for fall and spring semesters
- Parking permit or bus pass for fall and spring semesters
- Career and academic major guidance
- Student support resources to promote success tailored to each student
*Students must maintain program requirements to receive benefits/support from year one to year two.
- First-time college student (you do not have to be a recent high school graduate)
- Must be a California resident or AB540-eligible student
- Complete ALL Sign Up Requirements (outlined on the right side of this page)
- Maintain a full-time enrollment schedule (minimum of 12 units) for fall and spring semesters
- Attend Summer College Skills courses during Summer 2021
- NC.CGSL-001: Resources and Strategies for College Success
- NC.CGSL-002: Online Learning and Strategies for Success
- Attend a Promise Orientation
- Attend COC Welcome Day
- Enroll in the following courses during the 2021-2022 academic year: Counseling 110 or Counseling 150 (can be completed while in high school), Math and English, and NC.CGSL-003: Money Management in College & Beyond
- Complete a Student Education Plan during year one
- Attend specific workshops related to academic, financial, and personal/professional success
SECOND YEAR ELIGIBILITY
- Students must complete their first academic year (ending spring) as part of Canyons Promise
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Successfully complete 27 units by the end of their first academic year
- Remain in good standing with the college
- Submit FAFSA or CA Dream Act for every academic year
Current Year Promise Students
If you are a current year 1 or year 2 Canyons Promise student, please contact us in our via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or in Canvas.