To be part of Canyons Promise, students must complete all sign up criteria by our program deadline. To learn about how to sign up, deadlines and to complete all items, visit our Sign Up page.
Once students are part of Canyons Promise, there are program requirements they must meet and complete. Failure to maintain or complete any of our requirements will result in removal from the program. We always encourage students to reach out to us with any questions they may have.
YEAR 1 REQUIREMENTS
For our 2021-2022 cohort of students, below are the requirements for your first year:
- Attend Summer College Skills courses during Summer 2021
- NC.CGSL-001: Resources and Strategies for College Success
- NC.CGSL-002: Online Learning and Strategies for Success
- Attend a Promise Orientation
- Attend COC Welcome Day
- Enroll in and maintain a full-time enrollment schedule (minimum of 12 units) for fall and spring semesters
- Enroll in the following courses during the 2021-2022 academic year: Counseling 110 or Counseling 150 (can be completed while in high school), Math and English, and NC.CGSL-003: Money Management in College & Beyond
- Complete a Student Education Plan during year one
YEAR 2 ELIGIBILITY
In order to move on with Canyons Promise from year 1 to year 2, students must maintain all year 1 requirements and finish their first year at COC meeting the below eligibility.
- Students must complete their first academic year (ending spring) as part of Canyons Promise (must be part of Year 1 Canyons Promise)
- Earn a 2.5 GPA by the end of their first academic year
- Successfully complete 27 units by the end of their first academic year
- Remain in good standing with the college
- Submit FAFSA or CA Dream Act for every academic year
*Canyons Promise does not admit any new students mid-year or in the middle of their educational journey. Students must be part of Canyons Promise at the beginning of their first year at COC.