Interested in the 2020-2021 Canyons Promise program?
YOU’RE IN! The Canyons Promise program provides incoming first-time students for the fall 2020 semester the opportunity to attend College of the Canyons tuition free for their first two years (fall and spring semesters only). The program is exclusively for first-time students who enroll full-time. The program provides students with financial support, high-touch academic/counseling support, and peer support to increase student success.
- Enrollment and student fees paid for fall and spring semesters for two years
- Great access to program-specific counselors for counseling appointments
- Priority registration for courses on their education plan for fall and spring
- Parking permit or bus pass for fall and spring semesters
- Career and major guidance
- Student support resources to promote success tailored to each student
*Students must maintain program requirements to receive benefits/support from year one to year two.
- First-time college student (you do not have to be a recent high school graduate)
- Must be a California resident or AB540-eligible student
- Maintain a full-time enrollment schedule (minimum of 12 units) for fall and spring semesters
- Attend a Promise Boot Camp in summer 2020 (July)
- Attend COC Welcome Day in August 2020
- Enroll in the following courses during the 2020-2021 academic year: Math, English, and Counseling 110 or Counseling 150 (can fulfill in high school with dual or concurrent enrollment)
- Complete a Student Education Plan during year one
- Attend specific workshops related to academic, financial, and personal/professional success
- Re-submit FAFSA or Dream Act Application in spring 2021 to remain eligible for second year promise
Please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (661) 362-5891.
Current Year Promise Students
Please contact us via email (email@example.com) or through our Canvas page with you.