Interested in the 2020-2021 Canyons Promise program?
SIGN UP! The Canyons Promise program provides incoming first-time college students for the fall 2020 semester the opportunity to attend College of the Canyons tuition free for their first two years (fall and spring semesters only). The program is exclusively for first-time college students who enroll full-time. The program provides students with financial support, high-touch academic/counseling support, and peer support to increase student success.
- Enrollment and student fees paid for fall and spring semesters for two years
- Great access to program-specific counselors for counseling appointments
- Priority registration for courses on their education plan for fall and spring semesters
- Parking permit or bus pass for fall and spring semesters
- Career and academic major guidance
- Student support resources to promote success tailored to each student
*Students must maintain program requirements to receive benefits/support from year one to year two.
- First-time college student (you do not have to be a recent high school graduate)
- Must be a California resident or AB540-eligible student
- Maintain a full-time enrollment schedule (minimum of 12 units) for fall and spring semesters
- Attend Promise Boot Camp courses offered throughout June - July 2020 (8 hours in-person & 8 hours online)
- Attend one Promise Orientation offered June 30 - July 10, 2020
- Attend COC Welcome Day in August 2020
- Enroll in the following courses during the 2020-2021 academic year: Counseling 110 or Counseling 150 (can be completed while in high school), Math and English
- Complete a Student Education Plan during year one
- Attend specific workshops related to academic, financial, and personal/professional success
SECOND YEAR ELIGIBILITY
- Students must complete their first academic year (ending spring) as part of Canyons Promise
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Successfully complete 27 units by the end of their first academic year
- Remain in good standing wtih the college
- Submit FAFSA or CA Dream Act for every academic year
Please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (661) 362-5891.
Current Year Promise Students
If you are a current year 1 or year 2 Canyons Promise student, please contact us via email, email@example.com, with your questions.