Applications for the 2019-2020 Canyons Promise program is now closed.
Canyons Promise allows first-time, full-time students to attend College of the Canyons tuition-free for the first year.
- Great access to program-specific counselors for counseling appointments
- Enrollment and student fees paid for fall and spring semesters
- Priority registration for courses in education plan for fall and spring
- $100 bookstore voucher for fall and spring
- Free parking permit or reimbursement for a Santa Clarita Transit monthly bus pass
- Unlimited printing services in the ASG computer lab
- Career and major guidance
- Student support resources to promote success tailored to each student
- First-time college students (you do not have to be a recent high school graduate)
- Must be a California resident or AB540-eligible student.
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from FAFSA of $30,000 or below
- If enrollment cap is not met at the listed EFC limit, the limit will be incrementally increased as needed. All are encouraged to apply.
- Must complete all required application steps
- Complete the College of the Canyons application (online)
- Complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act application
- Enter College of the Canyons (Code: 008903) on FAFSA application
- Complete Assessment and Advisement
- Complete Online Orientation
- Complete the First-Year Promise application (open April 1 to 30, 2019)
- All above steps must be completed by the April 30, 2019 deadline.
Students are required to attend the following if accepted:
Attend one workshop from June 17 to July 8, 2019. During this session with a counselor, you will develop your first-year education plan.
First-Year Promise Welcome Day will be held Aug. 9, 2019.
- Students must participate in the summer counseling workshop. Students who do not participate will have their acceptance revoked. There are no exceptions.
- Students are required to enroll as full-time students (12 units) for fall and spring.
- Students are required to take the following courses during the academic year:
- Critical Thinking
- Counseling 110 or Counseling 150 (required in fall 2019)
- Other courses (general education, major coursework and electives - all based on major)
NEW! SECOND-YEAR PROMISE
Students accepted into First-Year Promise are eligible to get their second year covered as well!
Second-Year Promise will provide payment of enrollment and student fees to students who maintain eligibility throughout their first year. More information will be provided to students accepted into First-Year Promise.
Please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (661) 362-5891.
If you are looking for the First-Year Promise fuindraising campaign, please click here.