CRRSAA (COVID) Emergency Relief Grants
College of the Canyons has received funding from the recently approved Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA). Over $3 million has been allocated to go directly to students in the form of CRRSAA Emergency Grants. Funds will be disbursed as quickly as possible to provide students with the support they need to continue their educational pursuits.
CRRSAA Emergency Relief Grants are intended to assist students with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the ongoing nation-wide pandemic (including eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and childcare).
- To be eligible to receive a CRRSAA Emergency Relief Grant, students must be currently enrolled for the summer 2021 semester at College of the Canyons; including current non-degree seeking, non-credit, dual enrollment, or continuing education students (FAFSA or proof of financial need is not required).
- DACA and undocumented students are ELIGIBLE to apply!
- The CRRSAA Emergency Relief Grant amount is $1,500.
- The U.S. Department of Education has prioritized students with the greatest demonstrated
financial need for immediate disbursement of funds.
- Students enrolled for the summer 2021 semester, that are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, will be automatically awarded a CRRSAA Emergency Relief Grant.
- Students that are currently enrolled for the summer 2021 semester, that are NOT eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, may submit an application for CRRSAA Emergency Relief Grant assistance.
Students can receive only one CRRSAA Emergency Relief Grant per academic year. Students who have been automatically awarded a CRRSAA Emergency Relief Grant are not eligible to apply.
CRRSAA Emergency Relief Grant funding is limited. Applicants will be awarded grants as long as funds remain available.