CARES Act Emergency Grants
College of the Canyons is no longer accepting applications for CARES Act Emergency Grants.
The federal CARES Act provided funds for students to help with immediate needs related to the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis.
- College of the Canyons was allocated $6,783,652 and certified with the U.S. Department of Education that $3,619,467 went directly to students.
- 13,206 students at College of the Canyons were eligible to apply for a CARES Act Emergency Grant.
- College of the Canyons disbursed $3,619,467 to 4,218 students.
- Funds were disbursed to students with the greatest need first. Remaining funds were available through an application process that was open from May 2020 through October 2020. CARES Act Emergency Grants were available only to students enrolled in and attending at least one on-ground class on March 13, 2020.
- Students were notified of the availability of the CARES Act Emergency Grants throughout the spring and summer semesters in 2020. Students who were impacted by COVID-19 or the move to remote operations were able to apply for grant assistance.
Updated January 21, 2021