- Obtain COC application, complete and submit
- Schedule placement tests with Assessment Center and obtain placement tests results
- Schedule an appointment for advisement/orientation
- Obtain Pre-Admittance Packet (see below) from the Health Professions and Public Safety Office (BONH-243A)
- Register for class through regular college registration process
NOTE: All transcripts of high school and/or college credits should be forwarded to COC as soon as possible and preferably prior to your counseling/advisement session.
Confirmed CNA (nursng 050) for Spring 2022 - see below
Confirmed CNA (nursng 050) for Winter 2022 - see below
In order to register, a packet must be requested from the Health Sciences and Public Safety office.
Use your COC STUDENT EMAIL ONLY and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: CNA INFO PACKET SPRING 2022
Subject line: CNA INFO PACKET WINTER 2022
Include your full name and COC student ID number.
The nursing office will reply with the infomation packet that is required to review prior to registering for the CNA course.
Please note: Seats for the CNA program will be offered on a first come first served
basis based on your registration date for Winter 2022 or Spring 2022. You can find
your registration date in your MY CANYONS.
Nurse Assistant Training (Nursng 050)
In order to register, a Pre-Admittance Packet must be picked up in the Health Professions and Public Safety Office. (BONH-243A) All students are required to provide the following documentation to the Health Professions and Public Safety Office prior to the first day of class: (forms and instructions are included in the packet)
- Application for Nurse Assistant/Home Health Certification (for CNA Certification)
- Clear Background Check
- Live Scan Fingerprinting
- Physical Examination
- Current TB - 2-Step Process
- All Immunizations/Titers including COVID-19 vaccination record
- Clear Drug Screening
- Emergency Information
- Voluntary Participation Waiver/Release of Liability
- Covered Employee Notification of Rights Material
- Current CPR Card for Healthcare Professionals
- Current L.A. City Fire Card
- Malpractice Insurance
- Subject Release
- Nursing Patch (CNA)
- Student Badge ( Student CNA)
Counseling Information: Students are advised to make an appointment with a COC counselor prior to advancement to the next level of nursing education.