Make an online appointment to explore your career path or create an educational plan.
- Students currently enrolled at COC may schedule a counseling appointment up to two weeks in advance.
- You must have a COC student ID number to schedule a Counseling appointment.
- Due to high volume, appointment availability is reduced during registration periods.
- If you are unable to schedule an appointment, please visit us in Express Drop-In Counseling.
We now have in-person appointments at our Canyon Country campus! To select this appointment option, please click on the sign-up button below:
For all other online appointments, please select an option from the menu on the right.
Zoom Appointment Instructions
Step-by-step instructions on how to attend a Zoom online counseling appointment.
STEP 1: SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- Schedule an appointment by selection the "Online Counseling" button to the right.
- If you are interested in career assessment and exploration, select the "Career Online Counseling" button.
- If you are a Nursing or MLT student - please select the "Nursing/MLT Onlie Counseling" button.
- If you are a Veteran, please select the "Veteran Online Counseling" button.
- If you are an LAPD officer, please select the "LAPD" button.
STEP 2: CHECK YOUR EMAIL
- Prior to your appointment, you will be sent a link via your MyCanyons email. This is how you will access the online meeting.
- If you are unable to access your MyCanyons email, please follow the guide "How do I resent my student email password?" or "How do I setup my student email account?" located here: https://www.canyons.edu/studentservices/admissions/students/email.php
STEP 3: JOIN THE MEETING
- Click on the Zoom meeting link in your MyCanyons email.
- A screen should prompt you to download the Zoom application or "start from your browser."
- After selecting either option, you will be asked to insert the meeting passworkd (your ID number) and a username of your choice (please use your preferred name).
- You will then be placed in a waiting room and asked to confirm permissions for your browser, or the zoom application, to use your microphone and video camera.
- Note: you can access Zoom using a mobile device, but may be required to download the application through your device's application store.
STEP 4: MEETING
- Please find a quiet and safe place to discuss your academic information.
- Remember - do not use Zoom while operating a motor vehicle!
- If you experience any technical difficulties during the meeting, your Counselor will contact you again via email or phone.