Make an appointment to explore your career path and create an educational plan.
- Students currently enrolled at COC may schedule a counseling appointment up to two weeks in advance.
- You must have a COC student ID number to schedule a Counseling appointment.
- Due to high volume, appointment availability is reduced during registration periods.
- If you are unable to schedule an appointment, please visit us in Express Drop-In Counseling.
In-Person Appointments Are Back!
We now have in-person appointments at our Canyon Country campus! To select this appointment option, please click on the sign-up button below:
We now have in-person appointments at our Valencia campus! To select this appointment option, please click on the sign-up button below:
We now have in-person Career Counseling appointments available at the Valencia Campus! To select this appointment option, please click on the sign-up button below:
Zoom Appointment Instructions
Step-by-step instructions on how to attend a Zoom online counseling appointment.
STEP 1: SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- Schedule an appointment by selection the "Online Counseling" button to the right.
- If you are interested in career assessment and exploration, select the "Career Online Counseling" button.
- If you are a Nursing or MLT student - please select the "Nursing/MLT Onlie Counseling" button.
- If you are a Veteran, please select the "Veteran Online Counseling" button.
- If you are an LAPD officer, please select the "LAPD" button.
STEP 2: CHECK YOUR EMAIL
- Prior to your appointment, you will be sent a link via your MyCanyons email. This is how you will access the online meeting.
- If you are unable to access your MyCanyons email, please follow the guide "How do I resent my student email password?" or "How do I setup my student email account?" located here: https://www.canyons.edu/studentservices/admissions/students/email.php
STEP 3: JOIN THE MEETING
- Click on the Zoom meeting link in your MyCanyons email.
- A screen should prompt you to download the Zoom application or "start from your browser."
- After selecting either option, you will be asked to insert the meeting passworkd (your ID number) and a username of your choice (please use your preferred name).
- You will then be placed in a waiting room and asked to confirm permissions for your browser, or the zoom application, to use your microphone and video camera.
- Note: you can access Zoom using a mobile device, but may be required to download the application through your device's application store.
STEP 4: MEETING
- Please find a quiet and safe place to discuss your academic information.
- Remember - do not use Zoom while operating a motor vehicle!
- If you experience any technical difficulties during the meeting, your Counselor will contact you again via email or phone.
If you are an incoming student transferring to COC from another college and need to have your transcript evaluated by a Counselor to determine course credit, we have counseling appointments dedicated just for you! Please take the following steps to secure a transcript evaluation appointment:
- Order official transcripts to be directly sent to COC Admissions and Records.
- Confirm with COC Admissions and Records that the transcript has been received.
- Once confirmed the transcript is on file with Admissions and Records, contact the Counseling Office to book a transcript evaluation appointment.