Services by Appointment
Students must make an appointment to see a counselor for the following services:
- Comprehensive education plan
- CSU/IGETC Certification (If there are outside transcripts)
- Graduation petition (If there are outside transcripts)
- Apply for department certificates (If there are outside transcripts)
- Transcript evaluation
- Counselors are not available for counseling over the phone
Counseling appointments are on a first-come, first-served basis. New dates for appointments become available every business day. We encourage you to check the scheduling system early in the morning to increase chances of finding an available time to meet with a counselor.
If you are part of any of the following programs, you can also request counseling appointments through that office:
Zoom Appointment Instructions
Step-by-step instructions on how to attend a Zoom online counseling appointment.
STEP 1: SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- Schedule an appointment by selection the appropriate button to the right.
- If you are interested in career assessment and exploration, select the "Career Counseling" button.
- If you are a Nursing or MLT student - please select the "Nursing/MLT Counseling" button.
- If you are a Veteran, please select the "Veteran Counseling" button.
- If you are an LAPD officer, please select the "Law Enforcement Pathway" button.
STEP 2: CHECK YOUR EMAIL
- Prior to your appointment, you will be sent a link via your MyCanyons email. This is how you will access the online meeting.
- If you are unable to access your MyCanyons email, please follow the guide "How do I resent my student email password?" or "How do I setup my student email account?" located here: https://www.canyons.edu/studentservices/admissions/students/email.php
STEP 3: JOIN THE MEETING
- Click on the Zoom meeting link in your MyCanyons email.
- A screen should prompt you to download the Zoom application or "start from your browser."
- After selecting either option, you will be asked to insert the meeting passworkd (your ID number) and a username of your choice (please use your preferred name).
- You will then be placed in a waiting room and asked to confirm permissions for your browser, or the zoom application, to use your microphone and video camera.
- Note: you can access Zoom using a mobile device, but may be required to download the application through your device's application store.
STEP 4: MEETING
- Please find a quiet and safe place to discuss your academic information.
- Remember - do not use Zoom while operating a motor vehicle!
- If you experience any technical difficulties during the meeting, your Counselor will contact you again via email or phone.
If you are an incoming student transferring to COC from another college and need to have your transcript evaluated by a Counselor to determine course credit, we have counseling appointments dedicated just for you! Please take the following steps to secure a transcript evaluation appointment:
- Order official transcripts to be directly sent to COC Admissions and Records.
- Confirm with COC Admissions and Records that the transcript has been received.
- Once confirmed the transcript is on file with Admissions and Records, contact the Counseling Office to book a transcript evaluation appointment.