Early Childhood Education / Center for Early Childhood Education
Is Early Childhood Education right for you?
Are you excited about supporting children and their families? Are you open to new ideas and willing to embrace change? Do you value growth and reflection? Are you equity minded? Then exploring a pathway in Early Childhood Education may be for you!
Advocacy in Early Childhood Education
Part of being an early childhood professional is being an advocate on behalf of children, families, and the profession in order to ensure that their rights are respected and valued.
Early Childhood Education Career Tree
- Make a difference by supporting children and their families.
- Create meaningful learning experiences for children through play.
- Design and implement enriching environments...
Why Study ECE at College of the Canyons?
- Flexible schedule: Enroll in courses at your pace
- Program has strong faculty leadership, guidance, and vision
- Program requires field work, you leave with experience in the classroom
- Courses offered in traditional classroom setting and hybrid (combination of face-to-face and online)
- Courses offered in the evening to accommodate the working student
- Rewarding professional career attainable with a degree in two years
- Certificates with a variety of emphases that can be earned in as little as two terms
Visit and Like us on Facebook for Early Childhood Education!
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is a professional membership organization that works to promote high-quality early learning for all young children, birth through age 8, by connecting early childhood practice, policy, and research. Select this link to Learn more about NAEYC.
The Early Childhood Education AS for Transfer (AS-T) degree at College of the Canyons is accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Early Childhood Education Programs of the National Association for the Education of Young Children. The accreditation term runs from March 2022 through August 2024.