Registration dates and times
Registration dates and times are assigned on or around the following dates each semester:
Summer: February 1
Fall: May 1
Winter: September 1
Spring: October 1
Registration date and time information for each term will be available in your My Canyons account at the time registration dates are assigned. If you do not receive a registration date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students register for courses according to an enrollment priority system. As defined by Title V regulations, College of the Canyons establishes priority enrollment based on Level 1, 2, and 3. You will be able to register on or after your assigned date and time.
In order to understand the College of the Canyons registration process, you must know your status as a student with regards to the following definitions used in this procedure.
Veterans - all students identified by the Reentry and Veteran's Program as a Veteran.
Foster Youth - all students identified by the Foster Youth Liaison as a current or former foster youth.
EOPS/CARE - students identified by the Extended Opportunities Program and Services office and CARE program.
AAC - students identified by the Academic Accommodation Center office.
CalWorks - students identified by the CalWorks office, located in EOPS.
Homeless Youth - students identified by the RISE Office, under 25 years of age.
Fully Matriculated - students who have completed orientation, assessment, and advisement.
New Students - students who have never attended college and/or are enrolling in their first semester at College of the Canyons.
High School - students enrolled in high school, taking classes at COC part time.
Student Academic Standing (for the purposes of determining enrollment priorities only):
Good Standing - Students who are not on Academic or Progress Probation, and students who are not on Dismissal status.
Academic Difficulty - students who are on Academic or Progress Probation, and students who are on Dismissal status.
Your registration date and time is determined by the following:
Level 1: New fully matriculated, and continuing or returning students in good standing who are part of one or more of the following student groups: Veterans, Foster Youth, EOPS, AAC, CalWorks, or Homeless Youth. Students will be assigned a registration date and time in rank order based on units attempted.
Level 2: Students are given priority after Levels 1 in the following order:
- New fully matriculated, and continuing or returning students in good standing who are part of one or more of the following student groups: Athletics, elected and appointed members of the Associated Students Government, members of MESA, and students currently enrolled at Academy of the Canyons (AOC). AOC students are only given this priority during fall and spring terms. Continuin and returning students must have less than 100 College of the Canyons degree applicable units and be in good standing, or are a fully matriculated new student. Continuing and returning students in these groups will be assigned a registration date and time in rank order based on 99.9 units to 0 units attempted, followed by new fully matriculated students.
- Students who have petitioned for graduation, completion of a certificate, or have self- identified and have been verified as being enrolled in their last semester prior to transfer. This priority will be given once to the student and must be identified prior to the Early Graduation Petition Deadline found in the student college calendar.
- Continuing and returning students in good standing who have 99.9 - 20.0 College of the Canyons attempted units.
- New fully matriculated students.
- Continuing and returning students in good standing who have 19.9 - 0.0 College of the Canyons attempted units.
Level 3: All remaining students not specified in the above level are given priority after Levels 1 and 2 in the following order based on a first/come first serve basis:
- Continuing students in academic difficulty.
- New non-matriculated students.
- Students with over 100 College of the Canyons degree applicable units.
- High school students.
Late registration is held during the one week period prior to the beginning of the term.
Based on your priority level, you will be assigned a registration date and time. Students in Levels 1, and 2 will lose their priority registration and move to Level 3 if the student is not in good standing or has gone over 100 degree applicable College of the Canyons cumulative units.
Designated Programs Registration: If you are part of one of the following groups, please contact that department regarding your registration date and time.
Students may petition to have enrollment priority restored in the following cases:
- Enrollment in a high unit program (high unit programs are defined as 40 or more units required in a major area).
- Extenuating Circumstances (verified illness, accident or circumstance beyond the control of the student).
- Students that applied for AAC services but did not receive reasonable accommodations in a timely manner.
Students will automatically have their enrollment priority reinstated if:
- The student is on their second or more semester of academic difficulty but has earned a 2.25 GPA.
- The student is on their second or more semester of progress difficulty but has completed at least 75% of their courses.
Payment for classes is due at the time of registration. If you do not pay your fees, you will be dropped from your class(es). You are responsible for dropping your classes even if you no longer plan to attend. If you do not attend the first day of class, you will be dropped by the instructor and your seat may be given to another student. Be sure to follow through with deadlines and policies accessible in the college catalog. Please check the Student Business Office for more information on fees.