EOPS/CARE Applications are now open for Spring 2023. ALLOW UP TO A WEEK MAXIMUM for processing, so please check for a response via your canyons email or voice mail or you can contact our office at (661) 362-3279. Thank you!
Am I Eligible for EOPS/CARE?
EOPS/CARE is a program designed and funded by the State of California to help college students who demonstrate both an academic and financial need. In order to qualify for EOPS you must meet all five of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in 12 units minimum
- Student connected with Disabilites Support Services/Academic Accomodations Center may be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units
- Be a California resident (AB540 or AB1899)
- Must be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (BOG) Income Standards under Method A, B, or D. Complete a CCPG Fee Waiver Application or Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA). Click here for more info.!
- Have completed fewer than 70 degree applicable units from all colleges/universities attended
- Have an educational need in ONE of the following areas:
- Not recommended to enroll in degree applicable English or Math classes
- Does not have a high school diploma or GED
- High School G.P.A. below 2.5
- Previously enrolled in remedial English or Math classes
- Be a current or former foster youth
- Be a first-generation college student
- Be a non-native English speaker
Applications for Spring 2023: Click Here to Complete Online Application