Am I Eligible for EOPS/CARE?
EOPS/CARE is a program designed and funded by the State of California to help college students who demonstrate both an academic and financial need. In order to qualify for EOPS you must meet all five of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in 12 units minimum for the initial semester in EOPS
- Student connected with Disabilites Support Services/Academic Accomodations Center may be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units
- Be a California resident (AB540 or AB1899)
- Must be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG, formerly BOG) Income Standards under Method A, B, or D. Complete a CCPG Fee Waiver Application or Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA). Click here for more info.!
- Have completed fewer than 70 degree applicable units from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts required from previously attended accredited institutions.
- Have an educational need in ONE of the following areas:
- Not recommended to enroll in degree applicable English or Math classes
- Does not have a high school diploma or GED
- High School G.P.A. below 2.5
- Previously enrolled in remedial English or Math classes
- Be a current or former foster youth
- Be a first-generation college student
- Be a non-native English speaker
STEPS TO APPLY TO EOPS
- Apply to College of the Canyons if you are a NEW student to COC. It will take up to 48 hours for you to receive your student identification number.
- If you have not taken English or Math courses at COC, complete the College of the Canyons online assessment through the Assessment Center. It may be helpful to have a copy of your latest high school or college transcript for reference.
- If you're a NEW COC student, after steps 1 and 2, complete the College of the Canyons online Orientation from your MyCanyons account.
- Complete the EOPS/CARE Application, link is below. You will receive an immediate reply to your MyCanyons email that your application was received. Please allow up to 5 business days for processing. EOPS will contact you regarding the status of your application either by phone or by canyons email. You may contact us at (661) 362-3279 if you have any further questions.
Applications are closed for Spring 2024 and will reopen 5/1/24 for Fall 2024.