Dual Enrollment Program
The Dual Enrollment Program at College of the Canyons provides junior high school students in grades 7th and 8th and high school students in grades 9th - 12th to get a jump start on college at no cost.
Junior high school students are eligible to enroll in noncredit college courses. These courses serve as low stakes entry points into the college where students receive a Pass/No Pass grade, which will have no bearing on their grade point average. Students learn skills that are important both as they continue their education, but also as they get ready to enter the workforce. Students can also earn industry credentials that assist in getting them emolument in the future.
High school students are eligible for both noncredit college courses and credit college courses. Credit college courses can be applied towards certificates, associate degrees and/or transfer requirements to a four-year college/university, where the student receives a letter grade, which will be factored into their grade point average, both at the high school and college level.
Dual enrollment courses take place on the students’ junior high or high school campus during their school day.
Enrollment Requirement - Must be a student at a participating junior high or high school to enroll in a designated dual enrollment course.
Benefits to participating in the Dual Enrollment Program
- Learn skills that can be improve academic success.
- Learn skills that can be applied when entering the workforce.
- Explore career fields and pathways prior to college.
- Earn college credit toward a degree, certificate and/or transfer credit to a four-year college/university while attending high school.
- Build self confidence in college level rigor and ease the transition from high school to college.
- Save money on tuition and textbooks - this program is completely FREE!
Get Started with Dual Enrollment at Your School!
Junior High Schools