Membership is by invitation only from Headquarters. Every semester eligible students will be invited to join by the fourth week of the semester.
- you must be enrolled in a regionally accredited institution offering an associate degree program;
- you must have completed at least 12 units of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree (part-time students may be eligible);
- you must generally have a grade point average of 3.5;
- you must receive an invitation to membership from the chapter at the college where presently enrolled;
- you must adhere to the moral standards of the society.
"Copyright  by Phi Theta Kappa. All rights reserved. None of the official Phi Theta Kappa logos and emblems may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Phi Theta Kappa. Phi Theta Kappa has registered the name, logo and various titles herein with the U.S. Patent Office."