Application Period for:
Fall 2021 | March 15, 2021 - April 30, 2021
Applications are accepted once a year for subsequent Fall semester (check website for exact dates).
If you will be in progress with your last prerequisite or if you do not have a Phlebotomy certificate, you should apply during this application cycle.
Please call the School of Health Professions and Public Safetu Office at (661) 362-3557 if you have additional questions.
Students are strongly encouraged to attend an Information Session to find out more about the program.
These steps must be followed in the order listed below during the next application period:
- Submit College of the Canyons application and obtain a student identification number, set up my canyons account, obtain COC student email.
- Submit the following documents to Admissions and Records:
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges attended, except COC (must include all coursework regardless if MLT prerequisite or not).
- For transcripts from other countries, an official sealed foreign transcript evaluation from a Current NACES approved agency.
- Submit an online MLT Program Application (as early as March 16, 2020). A valid COC email address is required. Online applications
must be completed in one sitting. After submitting the online MLT Program Application
you will be routed to the Upload Documents page. The following documents must be uploaded
in PDF format only:
- PDF copy of High School Diploma or High School Transcripts or GED Certificate if no college degree is posted on transcript (required for State certification).
- If from foreign country, must provide PDF copy of translation (Click Here for instructions and suggested translation companies)
- ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO REVIEW THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OR TECHNICAL STANDARDS PRIOR TO APPLYING TO THE PROGRAM. YOU MUST SUBMIT A SIGNED COPY OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OR TECHNICAL STANDARDS WITH YOUR APPLICATION. Click on this link for Essential Functions or Technical Standards (must sign and attach complete PDF form to application).
- PDF copy of Phlebotomy certificate (if applicable)
- Applications missing required documents will be considered incomplete and will not be eligible for evaluation.
Applicants will receive a status update approximately 2 weeks after the close of the application period.
MANDATORY ORIENTATION FOR FALL 2021 COHORT: TO BE ANNOUNCED