- Obtain COC application, complete and submit
- Schedule placement tests with Assessment Center and obtain placement tests results
- Schedule an appointment for advisement/orientation
- Obtain Pre-Admittance Packet (see below) from the Health Professions Office (BONH-243A) online submission
- Register for class through regular college registration process
NOTE: All transcripts of high school and/or college credits should be forwarded to COC as soon as possible and preferably prior to your counseling/advisement session.
CNA (NURSNG 050) SPRING 2024 - see below
In order to register, a packet must be requested from the Health Professions office.
The nursing office will reply with the information packet that is required to review
prior to registering for the CNA course.
Please note: Seats for the CNA program will be offered on a first come first served basis based on your registration date for the SPRING 2024 semester. You can find your registration date in your MY CANYONS.
Nurse Assistant Training (Nursng 050)
- Estimated Costs for CNA Program
- CNA Application Procedures
Presents the fundamental nursing skills needed to care for the hospitalized patient. Includes clinical practice in a skilled nursing facility with emphasis on the role and responsibilities of the nurse assistant, safety principles and infection control, basic patient care skills, and emotional, social, and spiritual needs of the patient. Upon completion, the student will be eligible to take the California test for certification.
Provides theory and practical application of knowledge and skills needed to function as a home health aide. Emphasizes interpretation of client needs, personal care services, nutrition, and cleaning and care tasks in the home. Upon completion, the student will be eligible for California certification. Units do not apply to the associate degree.