Skip to main contentSkip to footer

Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS)

Q. Are you a Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) and need contact hours to renew your license?

A. College of the Canyons has been accredited by the State of California, Department of Public Health to provide contact hours. All of the courses in the Water Systems Technology Program are accredited courses and meet the contact hours requirement. Listing of the courses and course descriptions.

Q. When are the classes offered?

A. A listing of the course offerings can be found on the program page.

Q. Can I take any of the classes online?

A. Our classes are offered in a variety of formats to provide students the broadest access possible. We offer courses in online, hybrid, and hyflex modalities. Our hyflex courses allow students to join the live classroom remotely using specific meeting and conferencing software.

Q. How much do textbooks cost?

A. Textbooks are FREE for every course in the program! Printed copies of the texts are available for a nominal cost through the campus bookstore.

Q. How much is tuition?

COC is a California Community College and our tuition and fees are established by the State of California. The current tuition and fees can be found on the Student Business Office fee page.

Q. How do I enroll in one of the classes?

A. Your first step would be to enroll at the college and then register for classes - COC New Student Enrollment Information.

Q. What is a Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS)?

A. According to the LA County Department of Public Health a REHS works to improve the quality of life and health through environmental education, consultation, and protection. More information on the California Department of Public Health REHS Program.

Still have questions?
Contact Regina Blasberg

Niagara Falls.