Resource Guide

  • Title 5

    Title 5 is the Education Title of the California Code of Regulations.  A regulation is a rule adopted by a state regulatory agency to implement, interpret, or make specific the law enforced or administered by it or to govern its procedures.  Title 5 regulations have the force of law.  Regulations for community colleges are found in Division 6 beginning with #50001. It is availabe online HERE.

    Board Policies

    The Board Policies and Administrative Procedures for the Santa Clarita Community College District are broken out by major area and are listed HERE. To locate a policy or administrative procedure, click on the section the policy would fall under.

    Collective Bargaining Agreements

    The District is responsible for collective bargaining with each of the District’s three bargaining units, the COC Faculty Association (COCFA), the Part-Time Faculty United AFT (American Federation of Teachers), and the California School Employees Association (CSEA).  All bargaining units have collective bargaining agreements.  The District also has a “meet and confer” relationship with confidential employees.

    Decision Making Guide

    This handbook defines the campus shared governance procedures.

  • Parking

    Staff members must display a valid Staff Parking Permit which must be displayed clearly from the rear view mirror when parking in the college parking lots. Staff may park in staff or student lots. Parking lot 12 is for Early Childhood Education parking only until 5:00 p.m. After 5 p.m. staff can park in the parking lot. A citation will be issued to all vehicles that do not have a Early Childhood Education parking pass displayed in their vehicle. STUDENT LOTS - Student parking permits must be clearly displayed from the rear view mirror when parking in the student college parking lots. MOTORCYCLES - shall park in designated motorcycle parking areas located in lot's 4, 13 and 15 (Valenica campus) lot 2 (Canyon Country campus). They shall have a student motorcycle permit clearly displayed.

    Campus Phones

    Voicemail Guide

    The main telephone number for the campus and the district office is (661) 259-7800.  All campus extensions are four digits.  You can dial directly from off-campus by using the (362) prefix and the four-digit extension -- 661-362-ext.  When making calls on campus, call the four-digit extension of the party you are attempting to reach.  When making outside calls, press 9 for an outside line and the number of the party you are attempting to reach.

    Finding Telephone Numbers

    Phone directories are available to assist in locating district employees.  The current directory is located on the intranet and in paper copy distributed each year. However, with new employees being added weekly, call the switchboard at ext. 0 for the most current phone directory.


    To request keys for doors, desks, and cabinets please complete a Key (Access) Requisition Form.


  • Computer Equipment & Software

    Computer Support Services will assist you with each step of the process for purchasing a new computer or related equipment.  The following is a brief description of some of the practices that are used at College of the Canyons.

    For new employees that are filling new positions, a computer will be purchased. Computer Support Services will contact the employee and their supervisor to develop specifications and obtain appropriate bids.  New employees who fill existing positions will inherit the computer system for that position.  If a laptop is desired over a desktop system, the cost of the laptop generally cannot exceed the cost of purchasing a desktop unit.  However, additional funds from the department’s operating budget can be used to augment the allocation for any system.  Specialized software, printers, and other peripherals will be evaluated as needed based on available funding.  Replacement equipment will be purchased on regular cycles as specified in the Technology Master Plan.  Contact Computer Support at ext. 3535 if you have any questions or would like to obtain a quote on a computer system.

    Quick Links:


  • Mail Services

    A mailbox is assigned to you or your department in the Switchboard office in Canyons Hall on the Valencia Campus or Quad 5, Room 502A on the Canyon Country Campus. Within your department you many also have a mailbox assigned to you. You need to check your mail frequently, as this is one of our main methods of communication. Daily mail service will be provided to and from the Canyon Country Campus.

    US Mail

    Services provided for handling domestic and international mail are comparable to those offered by the U.S. Postal Service; however, postage stamps are not offered for sale through the District. Special services are provided such as handling registered or certified mail.  Before preparing bulk mail, contact the Mailroom for instructions.  Employees may not have personal mail delivered to the District.

    Mail pick-up and delivery runs are made daily to the District office.  All mail, including stamped personal mail, picked up from the mailroom is processed and delivered to the U.S. Post Office the same day.  If you need to get something postmarked, it must be to the switchboard by 2:45 p.m. Monday through Friday.

    Express Mail

    Express mail envelopes and labels are available in the mailroom.  When the materials are filled out and ready, return them to the mailroom before 2:45 p.m.  They will be delivered to the Post Office for next day delivery.

    Inter-Office Mail

    The District uses interoffice mailing envelopes.  To ensure efficient delivery, clearly write the complete name of the person receiving the mail and the location, and place in the appropriate mailbox located behind the switchboard.


    Information on access to e-mail can be obtained from Computer Support Services at ext. 4953

    Whom to Contact

    For any mail or delivery-related questions, call the mailroom/switchboard at ext. 0.

  • Hiring Paperwork

    Upon hire, new employees must complete all necessary personnel and payroll forms.  All forms must be received and approved by Human Resources, with the exception of college assistants, who are processed through the Student Employment Office. Paychecks cannot be processed until Human Resources has all necessary paperwork completed and has forwarded it to payroll.

    Direct Deposit

    All employees are eligible to have their paycheck deposited directly into their bank or credit union account.  The money goes into the employee’s checking or savings account and is available on pay day.  Employees interested in direct deposit must complete a Direct Deposit Authorization form and forward it to payroll.  All direct deposit notices are mailed to the employee on pay day.

    See employee page for your classification for more details on timesheets, overtime, leaves, deductions, and pay day information.


  • Copiers

    Some photocopiers are available for use in individual offices or departments. For larger print jobs or if you need business cards, brochures, programs, flyers, etc. contact Reprographics.

    Developing Material

    To help college departments produce the highest quality printed materials for off-campus use, the college has a design team and a pre-production process.  The team includes the Public Information, Marketing and Communications Office, the Graphics/Photography Department, and administrative, faculty and student representatives. Any printed materials to be distributed to the off-campus community must go through the design team.  The team ensures that the district's image is maintained through a consistent "look and feel" in colors, design, logos, illustrations, fonts, etc.

    The Public Information Office will help develop the content and provides proofing services.  The Graphics Department will help with the design. The team will analyze costs for the project and the Reprographic Center will arrange production and printing. Contact the design team by calling ext. 3600.



  • Service Awards

    Classified Staff Development


    Classified Appreciation Day


    Classified Development Day


    Faculty Development