Web Support Guide
How to Use this Guide
The purpose of this guide is to assist faculty and staff in creating and maintaining their own Web sites. These guidelines will help the college maintain its unique identity and positive public image on the Web.
The Web Publishing Guide is organized into three major areas:
- A description of the purpose and appropriate use of the college Web site.
- A description of accessibility standards required by law.
- Helpful hints when creating your Web site.
It is important that you read this entire guide before you work on your website. IT, is available to help you with the process. Please contact a team member if you need support during any step of developing your website.
IT currently offers three types of training sessions:
- OU Campus - Learn the basics of Omniupdate, how to navigate the system, and to create and edit content.
- OU Open Lab - Bring your ideas and content concerns with you, and develop your pages in-lab with hands-on assistance.
- OU Forms - Omniupdate has a simple, built-in form system. Learn how to create and deploy your own forms to your webpages.
- Cleaning PDFs
- Image Galleries
- Previewing a Published Page/Retrieving a Page's Link
- Working with Tables