Skip to main contentSkip to footer

Frequently Asked Questions:  Graduation

Please review the following list of questions and answers regarding graduation. 

If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact either the Counseling Department or Campus Life & Student Engagement.


  • There is one Graduation Ceremony per academic year. The Graduation Ceremony will include those students who graduated in the Fall term and those who Petition to Graduate in the Spring and Summer terms.  Specific details about commencement will be sent by email from the Office of Campus Life and Student Engagement.Enter tray content here.
  • Please email the Office of Campus Life and Student Engagement at for more information or check the Commencement page here.Enter tray content here.
  • Please check the Commencement page here for more information.
  • Degrees will be mailed to the graduated student at the address provided to College of the Canyons about 2 to 3 months after the graduation term is complete. The student is reminded to keep his/her mailing address up to date with College of the Canyons so that the degree is mailed to the correct address.
  • Yes. According to the College of the Canyons College Catalog:

    College of the Canyons is authorized to award multiple associate degrees provided the following conditions are met:

    1.  At least 12 semester units are completed in residence at College of the Canyons.
    2. All current College of the Canyons general education and American Institutions requirements have been met.

  • You must submit a petition for an Associate Degree with the Counseling Department by the end of the first week of the term in which you plan to graduate. Students may be eligible to graduate in the Fall, Spring, or Summer terms.  

    Petitions for a Certificate of Achievement or Certificate of Specialization are due in the fall, spring, or summer terms in which you will complete the requirements,and may be submitted before your last term or up until the final day of the term.



  • For questions regarding Honors celebrations in light of COVID-19, please contact the Honors department at
  • Catalog rights are determined by the first term a student attends the college. Once catalog rights are established, they will remain with the student until the student leaves the college for one calendar year. The student would need to miss four consecutive terms, (fall, spring, winter, and summer) to lose the catalog rights. A student may opt to use any catalog year for which they have continued attendance.

    Catalog Information

  • Please refer to the current College Catalog for specific requirement information.

    You may also contact the Counseling department to find out specific requirements.

  • Academic recognition at graduation will be based upon all degree applicable units from College of the Canyons and from all other regionally accredited colleges where the student has completed units. Categories of academic recognition include the following:

    Cum Laude Graduate - requires a cumulative Associate degree applicable grade point average of 3.5 - 3.69.
    Magna Cum Laude Graduate - requires a cumulative Associate degree applicable grade point average of 3.7 - 3.89.
    Summa Cum Laude Graduate - requires a cumulative Associate degree applicable grade point average of 3.9 - 4.0.