Thank you for your interest in College of the Canyons Cooperative Work Experience (CWEE) program!
Students participating in the College of the Canyons Cooperative Work Experience (CWEE) program register in a CWE-186 (unpaid internship) or CWE-188 (paid internship) course for internship credit, or CWE-189 for general work experience credit. Students are required to fulfill a number of academic assignments, as well as, a required number of hours in the workplace, while earning college credit.
Be sure to fully understand "Important Policies" found on this site before registering in any CWE course.
In order to participate in CWEE at College of the Canyons, complete the following steps:
- Students must secure an internship or job opportunity with an employer either independently or through Jobspeaker. It is the students responsibility to secure an internship. Students without a secured internship or job will not be permitted to enroll.
- If you are not a current student at College of the Canyons, submit an admission application online.
- Complete the Internship or Work Experience Online Orientation. Allow yourself approximately 10 minutes.
- Complete the CWE Course Application by visiting: https://www.canyons.edu/studentservices/internships/cwecourseapplication.php. If this is a remote internship or job, provide the companies physical address.
- Once steps 1-4 are complete, the Internship office will adjust student records to grant permission to register for a CWE-186/188 or CWE-189 section. Students may register for class on their Admissions and Records assigned registration date and time, through their My Canyons account (this is separate from Jobspeaker).
Students must complete all paperwork and enroll in the course before the one-time
CWE class meeting takes place. Refer the schedule of classes for exact dates/times
For assistance with searching for an internship, students can make an appointment
with a College of the Canyons Employment Center Job Developer. To make an appointment
with a Job Developer, visit the Employment Center website at www.canyons.edu/employmentcenter. They can also assist students with a resume, cover letter, interview preparation
For more information
Visit our Contact Us page for current hours of operation and links to our virtual drop in hours.