2021-2022 Fully Online
(via Zoom & Online Canvas)
Is the Legal Profession right for you?
You like research. You are organized.
You are a good writer. You work well with limited supervision. You are flexible and work well under pressure. You have good people skills and a genuine desire to help clients.
How do I become a paralegal?
California law defines who can be a paralegal. One way is to obtain a degree, which requires at least 24 semester units of coursework. College of the Canyons offers 31 units (11 classes) in its associate degree program in paralegal studies.
Paralegal Career Tree
- Immerse yourself in the fast-paced legal. profession alongside attorneys and paralegals.
- Interview clients, conduct research, and prepare legal documents.
- Investigate and manage legal cases pulled from...
Why College of the Canyons?
- More affordable than our competitors: College of the Canyons is only $46/unit
- Flexible schedule: Enroll in courses at your pace
- American Bar Association (ABA) approval means students have greater (and better paying) employment opportunities because some employers will only hire paralegals with an ABA-approved education
- Program has strong faculty leadership, guidance, and vision
- Program requires internship, assisting students to be more marketable upon graduation
- Courses taught by seasoned attorneys and paralegals
- Courses offered in traditional classroom setting and hybrid (combination of face-to-face and online)
- Courses offered in the evening to accommodate the working student
- Rewarding professional career attainable in two years
- All you have to do is to open the door to new opportunities
Visit and Like us on Facebook!
Tips for meeting your education goals and career advancement dreams!
The ABA stresses that paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public except as permitted by law.