TLC Academic Testing Center
**PLEASE NOTE: We provide academic exam proctoring for students and their instructors. We are not involved in or responsible for COVID-19 testing. COVID-19 testing information can be accessed here.
CURRENT STATUS: As of June 2020, the testing centers at both the Valencia and Canyon Country TLC buildings are closed for proctoring until further notice. For the most up-to-date information about the plan for College of the Canyons, including information on when the testing center will re-open to full capacity, please refer to C.O.C.'s Coronavirus Updates page.
COC STUDENTS: Contact your instructors directly for all information regarding your course assignments and requirements. Helpful resources regarding proctoring alternatives your instructors may be using are posted on the right sidebar of this page.
COC FACULTY: TLC Testing clerks will be available during the open Zoom hours listed below to guide faculty who need assistance converting tests to remote delivery. The link be accessed at our Zoom link or via our Zoom number (889-745-3133).
STUDENTS FROM OUTSIDE INSTITUTIONS: We are unavailable to schedule proctors for outside institutions until further notice. If you had previously scheduled an appointment to take an exam for an outside institution at College of the Canyons, please know every effort was made to inform you of our closure at the contact information you provided. If you have not yet done so, or need an exam proctor for the future, contact your institution's testing office to schedule an exam proctor at an institution currently open to the public.
CANDIDATES FOR CERTIFICATION EXAMS: We are unavailable to provide certification testing of any kind until further notice. If you had previously scheduled an appointment to take a certification exam at College of the Canyons, you need to contact the client for your certification exam (see contact information below) for customer support and/or to reschedule your exam.
- PearsonVUE Exams: 866-370-4560 or PearsonVue's Customer Service page
- Prometric Exams: 866-776-6387 or Prometric's Support page
IF YOU ARE SICK OR EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS: To protect the health of our students and staff, do not come to TLC for testing under any circumstances. Alert your instructor of your situation and for guidance on how to proceed. Please consult the Center for Disease Control's guidelines for managing illness, the Center for Disease Control's guidelines for preventing illness, and the Center for Disease Control's guidelines for high-risk populations. The thoughts of the TLC Testing Center staff are with you all as your prioritize the well-being of yourself and your loved ones at this time.
The Testing Center provides a secure, distraction-reduced environment for COC student exams. Test proctoring is available for make-up exams, special testing accommodations, exams that require computer use, and more.
Students are required to make arrangements with their instructor in order to take an exam at the Testing Center. The Testing Center will not change exam instructions at the students request; students should communicate all testing needs with their instructor prior to arriving for their exam.
Follow the links below for more information about Testing Center services:
- [Click Here to Schedule an Appointment] To take a Canvas or computer-assisted exam
- Instructions for Making an Appointment To take a Canvas or computer-assisted exam
- Information for COC Students Taking an exam at the Testing Center
- Information for COC Faculty Submit exams to the Testing Center
- COC Exams at Alternate Locations Taking an exam at another testing center (instructor approval required)
- Outside Universities Make an appointment to take an exam from an outside college or university
- PearsonVUE Exams Test center information for GED, professional certification, and information technology exam candidates
- ASE Exams Test center information for Automotive Service Excellence exam candidates
- Testing Center Hours and Locations
Please refer to the Assessment Center for COC math, English, and ESL placement exams.
Questions? Contact us at TLCTestProctor@canyons.edu or (661) 362-3194.