Contracts, Procurement, & Risk Management Services (CPRM)
The purpose of the District's CPRM Department is to ensure that the procurement of all goods and services is in accordance with the procedures set forth by the Board of Trustees, the California Public Contract Code, the California Education Code and other applicable laws of the State of California. The CPRM Department also ensures that in any purchase transaction, the requirements for competition have been met, bidding and negotiation have been conducted in accordance with applicable policies, and no conduct of compromise to the public trust is present.
Code of Ethics:
The District has adopted the following Code of Ethics for the procurement of goods and services, as developed by the National Association of Educational Procurement. Although these are not legal codes, District employees should adhere to these codes with the highest respect.
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of our institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and institutional policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designee before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other third party review, insofar as the established policies of the institution
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial and professional associations, and with government and private agencies for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical, and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with purchasing associates and promote a spirit of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among them.
All goods and services procured by the District are completed through the purchase order process. An official District purchase order contains an authorized purchase order number and signature. It is the only recognized method for the purchase of goods and services obligating the District for payment.
Please click on any of the links to the right for more information on doing business with the District. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the CPRM Department at the phone number or email address listed below.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, University Center Suite 255, Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Phone: (661) 362-3476
Fax: (661) 362-5480