The Santa Clarita Community College District "College of the Canyons" is pleased that you are considering using our facilities for your event. Our Civic Center staff are available to assist you in planning a successful event. College of the Canyons has many venues available for public use such as:
- Large Meeting and Lecture Rooms
- Tennis Courts
- Three Gymnasiums
- Track and Field
- Parking Lots
Site availability may change throughout the year based on academic scheduling. Rates vary depending on the type of venue and number of attendees.
The Fine Print
The use of District facilities is governed by the California Education Code Sections 82537 and 82542 and the Santa Clarita Community College District Board Policy 6700 and Administrative Procedures 6700. For more specific information regarding the facilities use process, please consult these regulations. This guide is intended to provide a simplified format of these sections and policy but shall not be assumed to supersede same.
In order to use a facility, the User must first determine the following:
- Are the facilities adequate for the intended use?
- Are the facilities available during the proposed event dates?
- Can the user provide the required insurance?
- What type of users are we: Direct Cost or Fair Rental?
- Can we afford the fee?
- Can we abide by the rules and regulations?