User Classification and Definition
In order to determine eligibility and fees, the type of user or user classification must be determined based on the criteria below.
Direct Cost User
The following groups and activities have been classified as acceptable "direct cost" users:
- Student clubs and organizations, approved organized youth groups and school-community advisory councils.
- Fundraising entertainment or meetings where admission fees are charged or contributions solicited are expended for the benefit of the students of the District.
- Organizations, clubs, or associations organized for cultural and senior citizen activities for general character-building and/or benefit purposes, when the membership dues or contributions accepted are solely for the support of the organization, club or association, or for the advancement of its cultural character building or benefit work. Examples include, but are not limited to, Campfire Girls, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, and Boys Scouts.
Meetings must be exclusively open to the public.
Fair Rental User
- Any church or religious organization using the facility to conduct religious services for temporary periods where the church or organization has no other suitable meeting place for the conduct of these services upon the terms and conditions as the Board deems proper, and subject to the limitations, requirements and restrictions set forth in this article.
- Any group sponsoring an entertainment or meetings where admission fees are charged or contributions solicited are not expended for the benefit of the students of the District or for District-approved non-profit community groups or organizations.
- Any organization whose use of the facilities or grounds is strictly for commercial purposes.
The following activities are determined non-acceptable uses and will not be allowed to occur in District facilities/spaces:
- Any use by an individual or group for the commission of any crime or act prohibited by law.
- Any use of District facilities or grounds which is inconsistent with the college's purpose or which interfere with the regular conduct/business of the college.
- Any use which is discriminatory in the legal sense.
- Any use which involves the possession, consumption or sale of alcoholic beverages or any restricted substances on District property.