Skip to main contentSkip to footer

HBCU Transfer/Scholarships

Are you interested in transferring to an HBCU? College of the Canyons has a partnership with 39 HBCU's across the country where you can receive guaranteed admission through one of the pathways below: 

  • Route 1

    • Complete 60 units
    • Have a 2.5 GPA
    • Complete IGETC or CSU GE
    • Earn an Associates Degree for Transfer (ADT)

    *Ensures student enters at junior level and major courses will count toward major

    Route 2

    • Complete 30 units or more
    • Earn a 2.0 GPA


    *Units will be placed where the institution sees fit. 


Once you have met 1 of 2 routes, you must meet with a counselor to:

  • Get approved for TAG
  • Complete the Common Black College Application, Common Application, or the University Website to apply
  • See the list below to find out which application you should use
  • Send all your transcripts immediately

If you use the Common Black Application

  • The application takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. Make an appointment with a Counselor if you need assistance
  • You do not have to enter most high school information including SAT/SAT scores
  • If you attended more than one community college, list your most recent school
  • You do not have to enter your transcript information because you will mail them in

​*If college is not listed on Common Black College Application - Use Common Application or University Website
Black Common App Link + Common App link

Black Common Application     Common Application

Average cost of Fees and Tuition: $13,500
*Private schools do not have out-of-state tuition
**Some public schools offer in-state tuition

HBCU Workshop Schedule:

Scholarship Information

Below is a list of scholarship information. Click on the scholarship you are interested in and look the link to apply.

Scholarship Info

COC Scholarships