The California Dream Act
Financial Aid is available to AB540 students attending a California community college.
Thanks to the California Dream Act, AB 540 students at College of the Canyons are now eligible to apply for:
- Privately-funded scholarships
- California College Promise Grant (Board of Governors Fee Waivers)
- Assistance from EOPS, CARE or CalWORKs
- State financial aid like Cal Grants and Chafee Grants
You are an AB 540 eligible student if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Attended a California high school for at least 3 years;
- Graduated from a California high school, got a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
- Are registered or enrolled at a California community college;
- If required, complete an affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status.
Please see the Admissions Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible.
Make your college dreams come true!
For more information, visit dream.csac.ca.gov