Federal Workstudy Program
The Federal Workstudy program offers on-campus part-time employment to qualified students. The program is need based, and is a type of "self-help" financial aid that must be earned through work. The average annual award is $4000; however, the award amount will vary based on the student's financial need.
Federal Workstudy Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the Federal Workstudy program, a student must:
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student (FAFSA);
- Be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- Have a valid Social Security number;
- Have unmet financial need;
- Meet the Academic Standards with a cumulative 2.00 GPA and satisfactory unit progress;
- Be enrolled at least half-time status at College of the Canyons (6 units or more);
- Have an Award Notification Letter indicating FWS funds for the current academic year.
Federal Workstudy Deadline
Federal Workstudy funds are awarded to students on-going on a first-come, first-serve basis, and are restricted by available federal funding limits. Funds are limited, apply early!
Are you interested in Federal Workstudy Part-Time Employment?
- If YES, contact the Student Employment Office.