We have approximately 20 full-time faculty and 60 part-time faculty. For email addresses please visit our Math Faculty List.
The sequence of classes for the AS and AST degrees is a sample schedule for two years at COC as a mathematics major.
This three-minute placement video introduces our new placement policy once AB 705 (Assembly Bill 705) was implemented a few years back. For additional placement information, please visit the following webpages:
New Courses - For Credit
Beginning Fall 2019, our department began offering placement into transfer-level courses. Effective Fall 2021, Trigonometry with support is named Math 102X.
- Liberal Arts Mathematics (Math 100)
- Statistics with support (Math 140 with Math 090)
- Trigonometry with support (Math 102X)
- College Algebra with support (Math 103 with Math 093)
In the Fall 2022 schedule, we plan to name Math 140 with Math 090 as Math 140X and Math 103 with Math 093 as Math 103X.
Noncredit Math Support Classes
Fall 2021 noncredit math classes will be available within the first half or second half of the semester.
- 8/30/21 - 10/23/21
- 10/25/21 - 12/11/21
- Essential Arithmetic Skills: Whole Numbers, Fractions and Mixed Numbers, Decimal Numbers (NC.MATH-001, 002, 003)
- Essential Pre-Algebra Skills: Percentages, Rates and Proportions, Signed Numbers (NC.MATH-004, 005, 006)
- Essential Algebra Skills: Algebraic Expressions, Graphs and Lines (NC.MATH-007, 008)