Skip to main contentSkip to footer

Transcript Evaluation

You can have your transcripts from other colleges evaluated to determine what courses will transfer to our college. If you would like to send your official transcripts to College of the Canyons from another college for prerequisite eligibility, evaluation, or proof of graduation purposes, please send them to:

College of the Canyons
Admissions and Records

26455 Rockwell Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Transcripts received from other colleges or universities will be checked for math and English prerequisite eligibility only. If you need to be cleared for other courses, please contact the Admissions & Records or Counseling office directly. All transcripts must be received by the deadline date listed on the student college calendar to ensure prerequisites will be cleared prior to registration. Transcripts sent after that date will not be processed in time for registration.

In most cases, with the exception of students requesting financial aid or military benefits, units accepted from other institutions will not be posted on College of the Canyons academic transcripts until students have completed 12 units in residence. If you need your official transcript(s) evaluated for Financial Aid or unit determinations, please visit the Admissions and Records office or the Counseling Office at the Valencia or Canyon Country Campuses to request and submit a Transfer Evaluation form. If you are unsure if your courses will transfer to our college or have more specific questions regarding external coursework transferability, please schedule an appointment with a counselor.

NOTE: Once external coursework is posted to your College of the Canyons record it cannot be removed.

International Transcripts

If you have international transcripts that need to be evaluated, please visit for a list of member organizations that can provide evaluation services. The NACES evaluation report must inclue a course-by-course evaluation, including grades, units, and upper or lower division designation listed for each course. Once you receive your evaluated transcript, do not open it, and bring it to the Admissions and Records office on the Valencia campus located in Canyons Hall.

PLEASE NOTE: Foreign coursework will not satisfy the English or Communication courses, even if your school was English based.